This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Dead Space 3 worth the price?

#1Mighty-OregonPosted 2/14/2013 8:38:32 PM
I just purchased the game today. Haven't opened it up yet. I played the demo and I liked the little bit I played. I really liked the first 2 games a lot.
---
Ducks fan since 1989. Mighty Oregon 2013 Fiesta Bowl CHAMPIONS!
#2S1lver_Bull3tPosted 2/14/2013 8:46:41 PM
Yup. I play games at pretty decent paces (beat the first in like 6 hours, 2nd in about 8), and this one took me 15 hours. Also, playing through the co-op missions as Carver and experiencing his side of the story is awesome. Lots of collectibles to go back and, y'know, collect, and I found myself going back and crafting new weapons lots of times.
---
"Fight and hunt as you like. Whoever's fastest gets the prey. That's the way we do it."
#3Crimson SkysPosted 2/14/2013 8:49:00 PM
I finished it a few days ago and even though it was good I probably wont go back to it for a long time. Looking back I kinda wish I waited for a price drop, $60 is a little too much.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#4TomoEK9Posted 2/14/2013 8:49:26 PM
The demo was a bit lacklustre in my opinion but the actual game is amazing. Easily better than the first two.
#5KingtrojanPosted 2/14/2013 8:51:11 PM
Yes, the demo does not do the game justice.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/kingtrojan
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 2/14/2013 9:23:43 PM
if you really enjoy the combat then its definitely worth its price tag. the campaign is good, though not great like the past games. coop is fun and worth going through it twice just for the different characters perspectives. nice 15-20hour length with some interesting extra modes to try out. Its definitely got the quantity down.
#7kzooanimalPosted 2/14/2013 9:42:46 PM
Mighty-Oregon posted...
I just purchased the game today. Haven't opened it up yet. I played the demo and I liked the little bit I played. I really liked the first 2 games a lot.

In my honest opinion i'd return it and rent it. I really enjoyed dead space 1 and i thought the direction they went with 2 was keeping up with the jones (a big surplus of third and first person shooters) i rented and beat dead space 3 (about %75 of the side quests too) and really enjoyed it but after i beat it i was happy i rented instead of outright purchasing.

I should add it's a fairly linear and short campaign. I only have time to play video games at night after class and work and completed it after 6 of 7 days of rent. If money and longevitey isn't a concern by all means play and enjoy. I know this was long winded but either rent or buy if you're a fan of 1 and 2 you'll enjoy this
#8Hucast9Posted 2/14/2013 10:37:29 PM
S1lver_Bull3t posted...
Yup. I play games at pretty decent paces (beat the first in like 6 hours, 2nd in about 8), and this one took me 15 hours. Also, playing through the co-op missions as Carver and experiencing his side of the story is awesome. Lots of collectibles to go back and, y'know, collect, and I found myself going back and crafting new weapons lots of times.

You must've played the game on easy or something. I just checked my saved files, and Dead Space 1 was 12 hours on Impossible difficulty. Dead Space 2 was 11 hours on hard difficulty.

I highly recommend Impossible difficulty for Dead Space 1. First of all, stuff doesn't carrry over from one difficulty to another. Secondly, it really isn't anywhere near as hard as it sounds. Dead Space 2 is fine on hard difficulty as well. I didn't pick the hardest difficulty on DS2 because of the limited continues. Whenever I play DS 3 i'm going to pick hard.
#9Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 10:42:36 PM
I rented it from gamefly and feel ripped off.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#10S1lver_Bull3tPosted 2/15/2013 4:40:34 AM
Hucast9 posted...
S1lver_Bull3t posted...

You must've played the game on easy or something. I just checked my saved files, and Dead Space 1 was 12 hours on Impossible difficulty. Dead Space 2 was 11 hours on hard difficulty.

I highly recommend Impossible difficulty for Dead Space 1. First of all, stuff doesn't carrry over from one difficulty to another. Secondly, it really isn't anywhere near as hard as it sounds. Dead Space 2 is fine on hard difficulty as well. I didn't pick the hardest difficulty on DS2 because of the limited continues. Whenever I play DS 3 i'm going to pick hard.

I played DS1 on normal, but am planning on playing it through on Impossible again. But I think I did play the 2nd on on Easy :/
---
"Fight and hunt as you like. Whoever's fastest gets the prey. That's the way we do it."