This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much better will Cel-Shaded games look next-gen?

#21kingofjamaicaPosted 2/15/2013 6:46:55 AM
Soggy13 posted...
angry_cowtipper posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
look at wind waker hd

He said next gen

WiiU is the next gen of the Wii, wether or not it's up to snuff to compete with PS4 NextBox is to be determined. A correct answer would be WW isn't technically cel-shaded.

Ok well let me rephrase. How much better would a game like Ni No Kuni look on a next-gen console? What more could possibly be improved if a game already looks 99% like an actual anime?

Lighting. Lighting can always be improved.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#22nouseravailablePosted 2/15/2013 6:53:29 AM
zerogravity399 posted...
Ok well let me rephrase. How much better would a game like Ni No Kuni look on a next-gen console? What more could possibly be improved if a game already looks 99% like an actual anime?

The 3d scenarios can be improved...
---
NP: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ni No Kuni and P4Arena
#23ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/15/2013 6:58:01 AM
Soggy13 posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
look at wind waker hd

He said next gen

WiiU is the next gen of the Wii, wether or not it's up to snuff to compete with PS4 NextBox is to be determined. A correct answer would be WW isn't technically cel-shaded.

To be determined? The Wii U is barely up to snuff with the PS3 and 360

I don't think cel-shaded games will look much better than Ni no Kuni. But having them run at 60fps would be nice.
#24majin nemesisPosted 2/15/2013 7:00:14 AM
zerogravity399 posted...
Soggy13 posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
look at wind waker hd

He said next gen

the 1% that's left to look 100% like an anime
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#25RollingCradlePosted 2/15/2013 7:12:22 AM
The hand drawn sequences look way better then the polygon crap, so a whole lot better is my expectation.
#26theofficefan99Posted 2/15/2013 9:05:35 AM
Eternal Sonata's cel-shaded visuals are far, far, far better than Ni No Kuni's.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#27JusticeSwordPosted 2/15/2013 10:00:28 AM
The most improvement needed would be to the animations area, imagine an uncharted or assassins creed level of character animations but in a cel shaded game?

(for example when oliver walks over the log in deep dark wood, but for every situation)
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#28NicoGrimmPosted 2/15/2013 10:01:06 AM
look at wind waker hd

Funny enough, Wind Waker actually looks BETTER on the Dolphin when upscaled.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#29deprofundis442Posted 2/15/2013 10:12:37 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Not much at all. Cel-shading is a lazy way out for developers and I wish less games would stop using it. It like rotoscoping of the gaming world.

Rotoscoping is a painstakingly lengthy process. There's nothing lazy about that. Have you ever tried to rotoscope a 45 second scene one frame at a time? Good luck.
#30abort_missionPosted 2/15/2013 9:38:09 PM
Brocken_Jr posted...
look at wind waker hd

also Wind Waker HD is no longer cel shaded.
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."