This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's weird that Sony likes to copy off Nintendo

#161TJSpykePosted 2/15/2013 2:41:54 PM
The TC is right, Sony copies almost all of their ideas from Nintendo. The thing is that Sony usually does a poor job at it (like PlayStation Move, which is their lame attempt and copying the Wii Remote).
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#162VeladusPosted 2/15/2013 2:45:08 PM
I just wish Nintendo liked to copy others too. Then maybe they, too, would make systems with more processing power than a microwave clock.
#163dmcd93Posted 2/15/2013 2:46:43 PM
TJSpyke posted...
The TC is right, Sony copies almost all of their ideas from Nintendo. The thing is that Sony usually does a poor job at it (like PlayStation Move, which is their lame attempt and copying the Wii Remote).

Technically speaking the PS Move is far superior to the Wiimote.
---
Garrus is the Greatest bro in gaming
"There is no Shepard without Vakarian"
#164masterarbiter44Posted 2/15/2013 2:50:07 PM
Well while I don't think they are 100% copying, if you are going to take inspirations from something, might as well take from the best
---
It's about the games, not about the hardware
#165CBratePosted 2/15/2013 3:29:34 PM
PS was born from the SNES literally. Sony was to make a cd add-on for the Snes. They backed out and took that tech to make their PS.
Another copy attempt ;)

Puh-lease. Claiming Playstation should be thanking Nintendo is like Batman coming around to Joe Chill's to thank him for killing his parents and making him the man he is today.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 180 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: AceAndJunpei
#166carsaucePosted 2/15/2013 3:36:44 PM
Sony perfects things better, and no I'm not a fanboy, I just like what Sony does, heh.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#167Kageblade23Posted 2/15/2013 3:52:31 PM
work_a_holic posted...
shinra35800 posted...
Isn't it obvious from the context of the 1st 3 sentences and the topic title?

I was asking because you are wrong. It was Sony's tech. They were working with Nintendo, but Nintendo cut them off. Sony went on their own with thier CD tech and made the PS.

and if im not mistaken thats how nintendo got the monopoly on carts and the whole problem with them being super expensive only being able to hold so much data... hence moving on to mini disk for the GC from the carts for 64
#168VeladusPosted 2/15/2013 3:52:55 PM
TJSpyke posted...

The Wii Remote being a lame attempt at copying the U-Force and/or Power Glove. Congrats Nintendo, it only took you 17 years to make a version that doesn't make "top ten worst controllers of all time" lists! I anxiously await the passable version of your tablet controller to be released in 2030.
#169Kageblade23Posted 2/15/2013 4:04:00 PM
RollingCradle posted...
Nintendo never used CDs.

lol really? Gamecube...Wii.. Wii-u... oh wait the Wii was also backwards compatible with gamecube games :) mini disc :)
#170SandOnMyBootPosted 2/15/2013 4:17:53 PM
Where was all the fanrage at Nintendo for copying the Sega Genesis' online capabilities? Where was all the complaints about Nintendo using The Outfoxies as a template when creating Smash Bros, or Ratchet and Clank with the Mario Galaxy series?

Or hey, let's go even further back. Nintendo copied Atari's ideas by making a cartridge based video gaming system. And they also copied Ralph Baer's Odyssey idea by making a game system that connects to a home TV.