This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Angry joe exposed.

#51superbowl54Posted 2/15/2013 7:35:31 PM
produner posted...
superbowl54 posted...
produner posted...
superbowl54 posted...

You are the absolute perfect example of the type of people I'm talking about. The game is a step up in almost every way.

so do you think that there is not a single bit of recycled code in previous games? If not, you're kidding yourself.
Again, guess what, even previous games in the series had glitches. As usual, the haters picking on something because they want an excuse to whine.

Umm... bad story and dialogue? did you even play previous games? He's the same guy, acts the same way as DMC3 Dante that you love. It's true he doesn't look like an anime character anymore, Or maybe this is a case of "OMG MY VIRGIN EARS!!!!!" The story may not be the most original, but it's presented very well. Most cutscenes are short.

dumbed down gameplay? how so? it's different for sure because they give you more tools to succeed. No reusing archaic mechanics from 2001 using remnants from when it was RE4. Dante's hooks are an evolution to Nero's grapple (I can choose who to use it on and what I want it to do), we don't have to needlessly grind for items when we run into a hard boss on DMD. Difficulty isn't crushing it's true, but it's difficulty comes from remixed enemies, which is a welcome difference from the standard "hard means they have more health". I can buy enough moves to customize my moveset without having to wait to grind more orbs just so I can double jump.

Platforming is not awkward anymore and is actually good.
Best of all: NO PUZZLES IN AN ACTION GAME

It's time to evolve past 2001

Clueless casual is clueless.

DMC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsuGB3S92Q

DmC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2vz5CJU8DM

Casual? I've beaten every game on DMD (except 2, could only put myself through it once).

Just like every other butthurt DMC "fan", you fail to actually come up with a good argument of why it's so bad.

You spew and spew without a shred of anything to back it up.

If I had the money, I would personally buy up tons of copies and simply give them to people so that you never get DMC5 and get DmC2 instead. The amount of butthurt you and your breathren would feel will be absolutely hilarious.

LOL Dat logic.

you have absolutely no basis for your claims, as usual, whiny haters are whiny.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#52thedarklordx3Posted 2/15/2013 8:02:18 PM
dark trunks posted...
Gunzleader posted...
have you seen his cabela 2011 video? funniest **** i ever seen in my life. no offence but if you watch that and don't laugh you are not human.

Or I have some taste when it comes to humour, rather than find amusement from the lowest possibly form of comedy I can find on the internet.

I wonder if people realize that when they post like this, it doesn't make them come off as the edgy(ala teenagers on reddit) cultured individual(ala hannibal lector) they want to come off as

nor does it make them look like mature adults

it makes you seem like a whiny pretentious D-bag who would be about as fun to hang out with as an active grenade
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#53thedarklordx3Posted 2/15/2013 8:07:03 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
superbowl54 posted...
with good reason.

Most antis are incredibly immature about the way they've handled DmC.

From the meta-bombing, to the death threats, to questioning Tameem's sexuality.

They deserve to be bashed relentlessly.

As if this post doesn't scream its own brand of immaturity.

Also, what did anyone "expose" about AngryJoe?

I don't like the guy, or his pretentiousness at thinking himself a voice for us gamers, but he isn't an unbiased anything. His reviews and thoughts have their own bias to them. Everyone on Youtube has that. If you've been taking his crap seriously, the only thing exposed is how poorly you made your choices.

but... he is a voice for gamers, he has all the most common/valid beliefs, not your esoteric ruining the industry personal beliefs(like an aproval of day 1 DLC or on disk DLC or something)

and he is an okay amount of biased, a biased person would either have given DMC a 10/10 or a 1/10 but he gave it like a 7 or so

his reviews and opinions are reasonable, well explained and demonstrated
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#54produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 3:44:04 AM
superbowl54 posted...

you have absolutely no basis for your claims, as usual, whiny haters are whiny.

Note: I will ignore you after this post; you will deny everything as usual.

so do you think that there is not a single bit of recycled code in previous games? If not, you're kidding yourself.
Again, guess what, even previous games in the series had glitches. As usual, the haters picking on something because they want an excuse to whine.

DMC4 started from scratch by using MTframework, which gave them trouble on finishing the game on the publisher's deadline. Aside from that, DmC used recycled codes for a game that has nothing to with DMC4 and the previous codes from their previous games still exist in the pc version of DmC, that is lazy programming, they should have used a dedicated game engine for games like HnS instead of the commercial game engine (UE3). clearly, a lack of quality and lazy programming, DmC didn't make a good use of the recycled codes, because their coding was crap and faulty in the first place. Also previous DMCs rarely had glitches, let alone game breaking and frequent glitches.

Umm... bad story and dialogue? did you even play previous games? He's the same guy, acts the same way as DMC3 Dante that you love. It's true he doesn't look like an anime character anymore, Or maybe this is a case of "OMG MY VIRGIN EARS!!!!!" The story may not be the most original, but it's presented very well. Most cutscenes are short.

Grasping at straws? It doesn't justify why this 2013 game ,which is a reboot that is supposed to fix that, is having more writing problems. Also DMC's writing was fine, it was cheesy sometimes with dante, to reflect his personality, but others like vergil, arkham , mundus, lady, and the whole cast of DMC4 had pretty good dialogue and voice acting, especially arkham and vergil.

dumbed down gameplay? how so? it's different for sure because they give you more tools to succeed. No reusing archaic mechanics from 2001 using remnants from when it was RE4. Dante's hooks are an evolution to Nero's grapple (I can choose who to use it on and what I want it to do), we don't have to needlessly grind for items when we run into a hard boss on DMD. Difficulty isn't crushing it's true, but it's difficulty comes from remixed enemies, which is a welcome difference from the standard "hard means they have more health". I can buy enough moves to customize my moveset without having to wait to grind more orbs just so I can double jump.

Platforming is not awkward anymore and is actually good.
Best of all: NO PUZZLES IN AN ACTION GAME

It's time to evolve past 2001

2001 game has better frame rate, less glitches, faster combat, accurate hitboxes and animations. The game is a step back from what DMC built up to DMC4, which removed the dedicated styles, less weapon variety than DMC, less move sets, Jump canceling is nearly useless because of the slow weapons and their properties, removed lock on, the game lacks balance ( infinite strings in the air, huge i-frames for dodge and damage problem) , more bosses, bloody palace (on disk) and finally the controls in DMC were better.

Check on DmC's ps3 board and check for why DmC is a downgrade and why some people dislike it/ disappointing.
#55produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 3:50:18 AM
thedarklordx3 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
superbowl54 posted...
with good reason.

Most antis are incredibly immature about the way they've handled DmC.

From the meta-bombing, to the death threats, to questioning Tameem's sexuality.

They deserve to be bashed relentlessly.

As if this post doesn't scream its own brand of immaturity.

Also, what did anyone "expose" about AngryJoe?

I don't like the guy, or his pretentiousness at thinking himself a voice for us gamers, but he isn't an unbiased anything. His reviews and thoughts have their own bias to them. Everyone on Youtube has that. If you've been taking his crap seriously, the only thing exposed is how poorly you made your choices.

but... he is a voice for gamers, he has all the most common/valid beliefs, not your esoteric ruining the industry personal beliefs(like an aproval of day 1 DLC or on disk DLC or something)

and he is an okay amount of biased, a biased person would either have given DMC a 10/10 or a 1/10 but he gave it like a 7 or so

his reviews and opinions are reasonable, well explained and demonstrated

Joe is a fine reviewer, but some of his reviews like the DmC one, was a simple jump on the bandwagon with his claims and rating of the combat, aside from that his review of DmC and other reviews were fine and reasonable. I started to respect joe but after seeing him complain about mainstream games then act like DmC was another trivial matter got under my skin. DMC had its history and standards in the genre, it just got dumped down and the campaign to market the game by villainizing the fanbase and critiques of DmC is getting out of hand; i was disappointing when joe didn't point out that some people have valid criticism and complains about the downgrade, that is DmC.
#56Cobra9860Posted 2/16/2013 4:17:58 AM
Theres a difference between voicing your opinion in a constructive way, and just crying and hate bombing a game with 1/10s.

DmC isnt nearly as good as the past games but its not a 1/10. Get real.
---
wat
#57killakPosted 2/16/2013 4:25:24 AM
did he give DmC a 1/10?
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#58produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:28:49 AM
Cobra9860 posted...
Theres a difference between voicing your opinion in a constructive way, and just crying and hate bombing a game with 1/10s.

DmC isnt nearly as good as the past games but its not a 1/10. Get real.

Yeah. I personally gave it 6.5-7/10 but the recent glitches and combat is something to consider in that rating. Definitely not a 1/10 game but most of those who did that at the metacritic were trolls or your average gamer that gives games 1/10 because he didn't like it or it was popular and mainstream ( cod, skyrim, ME).

Still, most of the community and fanbase don't like the direction and quality of the game.The developers ,journalists and stereotype gamers highlighted the trolls and average people that couldn't express their complaints and ignored the majority of the fanbase and community of DMC , and they ignored valid complaints and concerns.

"We don't have a fix to stop you from facepalming your face till you bleed"- tameem, DmC's director in response to a tweet and a video on youtube that shows valid complaints about difficulty, enemy behavior and balance issues. Also recently, they've started to patch the game with small fixes, such as fixing the glide glitch,which is not the most frequent and annoying glitch among many others.They claimed that the game doesn't require fixing.
#59produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:39:05 AM
killak posted...
did he give DmC a 1/10?

No and that would have been stupid, but the game breaking glitches suggest that the game has some of the things that makes the game fall into the lower than 5/10 category.

If you've watched the video, joe simply contradicted himself when he whined about things like bayo's development and ME's ending, while he claimed that angry fanboys of DMC are crying over forums ( not including metacritic) after he claimed in other vid that people have the right to voice their concerns.

A solid game that refined a genre, with high level play and development in every entry get rebooted out of nowhere because of business practices,but hey! just angry fanboys crying but crying over ME's ending and bayonetta was something more important and not trivial.

Joe made it seem like DmC was fine and something trivial, while bayonetta 2 something big and important, despite the game being developed by the same team and not getting dumped down, but simply the developer was funded by Nintendo only and they have the right to make it an exclusive, even though i don't like it but bayo2 on Wiiu or nothing. The previous is bigger and more important than destroying a series, excuse me but that is just selfish people that freaked out because they have to buy a console they don' like for an awesome game, not getting a crappy sequel.
#60NewbiusPosted 2/16/2013 6:48:50 AM
BizzaroMurphy posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4DpyAszBnDY#t=390s

What game is in the background? I seriously don't know.

Street Fighter X Tekken.