This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Angry joe exposed.

#61superbowl54Posted 2/16/2013 8:52:07 AM
produner posted...
superbowl54 posted...

you have absolutely no basis for your claims, as usual, whiny haters are whiny.

Note: I will ignore you after this post; you will deny everything as usual.

so do you think that there is not a single bit of recycled code in previous games? If not, you're kidding yourself.
Again, guess what, even previous games in the series had glitches. As usual, the haters picking on something because they want an excuse to whine.

DMC4 started from scratch by using MTframework, which gave them trouble on finishing the game on the publisher's deadline. Aside from that, DmC used recycled codes for a game that has nothing to with DMC4 and the previous codes from their previous games still exist in the pc version of DmC, that is lazy programming, they should have used a dedicated game engine for games like HnS instead of the commercial game engine (UE3). clearly, a lack of quality and lazy programming, DmC didn't make a good use of the recycled codes, because their coding was crap and faulty in the first place. Also previous DMCs rarely had glitches, let alone game breaking and frequent glitches.

Umm... bad story and dialogue? did you even play previous games? He's the same guy, acts the same way as DMC3 Dante that you love. It's true he doesn't look like an anime character anymore, Or maybe this is a case of "OMG MY VIRGIN EARS!!!!!" The story may not be the most original, but it's presented very well. Most cutscenes are short.

Grasping at straws? It doesn't justify why this 2013 game ,which is a reboot that is supposed to fix that, is having more writing problems. Also DMC's writing was fine, it was cheesy sometimes with dante, to reflect his personality, but others like vergil, arkham , mundus, lady, and the whole cast of DMC4 had pretty good dialogue and voice acting, especially arkham and vergil.

dumbed down gameplay? how so? it's different for sure because they give you more tools to succeed. No reusing archaic mechanics from 2001 using remnants from when it was RE4. Dante's hooks are an evolution to Nero's grapple (I can choose who to use it on and what I want it to do), we don't have to needlessly grind for items when we run into a hard boss on DMD. Difficulty isn't crushing it's true, but it's difficulty comes from remixed enemies, which is a welcome difference from the standard "hard means they have more health". I can buy enough moves to customize my moveset without having to wait to grind more orbs just so I can double jump.

Platforming is not awkward anymore and is actually good.
Best of all: NO PUZZLES IN AN ACTION GAME

It's time to evolve past 2001

2001 game has better frame rate, less glitches, faster combat, accurate hitboxes and animations. The game is a step back from what DMC built up to DMC4, which removed the dedicated styles, less weapon variety than DMC, less move sets, Jump canceling is nearly useless because of the slow weapons and their properties, removed lock on, the game lacks balance ( infinite strings in the air, huge i-frames for dodge and damage problem) , more bosses, bloody palace (on disk) and finally the controls in DMC were better.

Check on DmC's ps3 board and check for why DmC is a downgrade and why some people dislike it/ disappointing.

I accept your resignation from the argument, as usual, you antis aren't hard to put in your place. You couldn't even make one actual point that could be backed up.

I can't help but laugh at thinking of you talking down their coding like you're some expert
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#62Cobra9860Posted 2/16/2013 9:48:51 AM
If you've watched the video, joe simply contradicted himself when he whined about things like bayo's development and ME's ending, while he claimed that angry fanboys of DMC are crying over forums ( not including metacritic) after he claimed in other vid that people have the right to voice their concerns.

No he didnt.

He said people have a right to voice their concerns, as they always do. But those who are taking it too far and are just blind bashing the game giving it 1/10s and whining about hair color is ridiculous.

He didnt claim that all the people who had complaints thought that. Half of his review backed up that point by describing the differences with past DMC games and how many may find issue with it, although he personally didnt.
---
wat
#63gamestop27Posted 2/16/2013 10:05:52 AM
"- DMC makes up for it's glitches with quality in the gameplay"

This is a joke.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#64produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 3:32:02 PM
superbowl54 posted...

I accept your resignation from the argument, as usual, you antis aren't hard to put in your place. You couldn't even make one actual point that could be backed up.

I can't help but laugh at thinking of you talking down their coding like you're some expert

I've learned how to program with high level programming languages like C++, which is used to program the UE3 and DmC.
#65killakPosted 2/16/2013 4:49:51 PM
killak posted...
did he give DmC a 1/10?

No and that would have been stupid, but the game breaking glitches suggest that the game has some of the things that makes the game fall into the lower than 5/10 category.

If you've watched the video, joe simply contradicted himself when he whined about things like bayo's development and ME's ending, while he claimed that angry fanboys of DMC are crying over forums ( not including metacritic) after he claimed in other vid that people have the right to voice their concerns.

A solid game that refined a genre, with high level play and development in every entry get rebooted out of nowhere because of business practices,but hey! just angry fanboys crying but crying over ME's ending and bayonetta was something more important and not trivial.

Joe made it seem like DmC was fine and something trivial, while bayonetta 2 something big and important, despite the game being developed by the same team and not getting dumped down, but simply the developer was funded by Nintendo only and they have the right to make it an exclusive, even though i don't like it but bayo2 on Wiiu or nothing. The previous is bigger and more important than destroying a series, excuse me but that is just selfish people that freaked out because they have to buy a console they don' like for an awesome game, not getting a crappy sequel.

His reviews always reflect the majority of opinions, and especially forum trolls/flame wars, so I never see his viewpoint as valid.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#66BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/17/2013 11:09:25 AM
keybladeXIII posted...
superbowl54 posted...
the problem is that you voiced "concerns" that you knew nothing about waaaaaaaaaay before the game came out and were determined to hate it no matter what.

Concerns are something that you have before you experience something. To exemplify this: let's say I was concerned that someone was going to kill me when I open a particular door. After I open the door and nothing kills me, I wouldn't be concerned about it any longer.

I stopped reading the topic after this. I mean, this is one of the worst things I've read in English.
I think I'm gonna throw up.

Oh, that was so intriguing. The way you put those sentences together was just so beautifully eloquent... and the way you'll stop reading a topic because of one person explaining a basic concept, that has no real bearing on the topic at hand, to another person is totally not moronic at all. (Hint: it was supposed to be stupid, I shouldn't have to explain to someone that you can have concerns about something beforehand) But you don't care, do you? 'Cause you're not here and I'm talking to myself again...
---
Hooch is crazy.