This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do we *really* need a SELECT button?

#31SpikeSpiegel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 4:12:51 PM
I don't own and I don't think I'll ever own a M$ console, but at least they had the balls to recognize that those buttons were awkward and not needed. Thus, changed the controller almost entirely.
Roll your eyes away all you want, it wont change the fact that the SELECT button serves for almost nothing (that can be done by another existing button) these days...
---
"Bang!"-Session 26
(Cowboy Bebop)
#32BugmeatPosted 2/15/2013 4:13:14 PM
If it were actually still just a "select" button that would be silly. But that's not what it is anymore, just what it's still called because that's what it's always been called. Getting rid of that button would be foolish because it does serve a purpose in a great many games. The most common would be to bring up a game's map or secondary menus. Why get rid of it only to bury whatever it does within another menu accessed from the start button? That seems silly since it's generally used for something you need to access fairly often. It's nice to get to it with a single button press.

XBOX B&W buttons?

They didn't get rid of the black and white buttons. They got their heads out of their asses and moved them to a far better position, giving us the shoulder buttons.

---
Barbie rocks. Her lack of realistic genitalia frustrates and arouses me at the same time.
#33Stanger5150Posted 2/15/2013 4:19:55 PM
Doesn't really matter to me. The Genesis never had a select button, and it wasn't missed. I say leave it so devs have one more button to utilize. You never know when it may come in handy.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#34SpikeSpiegel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:29:13 AM
So the general consensus is no?
---
"Bang!"-Session 26
(Cowboy Bebop)
#35NicoGrimmPosted 2/16/2013 8:30:13 AM
Pfft. Do we really need buttons? Why can't we just use our minds to control games?! :<
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!