This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 9 - How good is it?

#1xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/15/2013 4:21:34 PM
I'm a huge FF7 fanboy....... it's the BEST RPG ever created. Period. I look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

But with that said.... my favorite RPG's besides FF7 are:

-Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FFX, Xenogears...... and that's about it. I've tried countless other highly regarded RPG's but never finished them because nothing comes close to the style/atmosphere/feeling of the almighty FF7 (besides the 4 I listed).

No hate please, I just want to ask a question to the people who played FF9. I used to disregard this game completely back in the day.... but recently I started playing this game on my PSP and I'm surprisingly impressed by it. I only played it for 20 mins so far and I am actually liking it a lot more than I thought.... not to mention the game still looks beautiful.

So my question is, should I invest 40+ hours of my precious time and play this game til the end? For other FF7 fans out there.... how would you rank FF9? Based on my favorite RPG's, how does it rank up to those and do you think I would like it?

Thanks
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#2DougyBPosted 2/15/2013 4:22:50 PM
So good
---
b
#3Mr_BurgenerPosted 2/15/2013 4:24:11 PM
It's pretty good, worth playing for sure. Way better than 8.
#4xyxrxuxafraidx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 4:26:26 PM
Mr_Burgener posted...
It's pretty good, worth playing for sure. Way better than 8.

Ok, I heard that too. I was really hoping 8 would have been good because I like the futuristic cybe-punk atmosphere it has. But it's lacking a lot of other things

But FF9 is very interesting so far
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#5PsychoWolfXPosted 2/15/2013 4:28:06 PM
Best game in the series.

The only drawback is the trance system. It's like a limit break, that you have no control over -_-
#6Stanger5150Posted 2/15/2013 4:28:31 PM
It's my third favorite FF game, behind FF IV and FF VII.

The art style is great, the music is great, and the game play is the best in the series, IMO.

Battles are a bit slow compared to FF VII, but you should get used to it quickly. The game makes a lot of references to past titles too (Buster Sword for example), so that's always fun.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 2/15/2013 4:29:07 PM
Pretty damn good. It has a few drawbacks, most notably the Trance system, but its really fun.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#8CrimsonStryke28Posted 2/15/2013 4:29:40 PM
One of the greatest FF games in the series and yes, better than VIII in my opinion.
#9soccerd19Posted 2/15/2013 4:30:19 PM
It's the only game i have played through more than twice.
#10DarkPhalanxPosted 2/15/2013 4:35:49 PM
the "cute" characters turn me off,,,,
---
PSN Grimseed