This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 9 - How good is it?

#51GXL_LeonPosted 2/15/2013 7:48:01 PM
I mean... main char is not a tank... is not a healer... is not a summoner... is not a damager
is not a buffer... is not nothing IDK whats his role is... :S
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls
#52theofficefan99Posted 2/15/2013 7:48:39 PM
GXL_Leon posted...
I mean... main char is not a tank... is not a healer... is not a summoner... is not a damager

Zidane is a thief.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#53theofficefan99Posted 2/15/2013 7:49:57 PM
fakewars posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
I'm a huge FF7 fanboy....... it's the BEST RPG ever created. Period. I look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

But with that said.... my favorite RPG's besides FF7 are:

-Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FFX, Xenogears...... and that's about it. I've tried countless other highly regarded RPG's but never finished them because nothing comes close to the style/atmosphere/feeling of the almighty FF7 (besides the 4 I listed).

>ignorant of gaming
>never play Atlus games
>look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

Honestly I'd say the only Atlus games that are high-caliber are Radiant Historia and Nocturne.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#54fakewarsPosted 2/15/2013 7:52:12 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
fakewars posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
I'm a huge FF7 fanboy....... it's the BEST RPG ever created. Period. I look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

But with that said.... my favorite RPG's besides FF7 are:

-Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FFX, Xenogears...... and that's about it. I've tried countless other highly regarded RPG's but never finished them because nothing comes close to the style/atmosphere/feeling of the almighty FF7 (besides the 4 I listed).

>ignorant of gaming
>never play Atlus games
>look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

Honestly I'd say the only Atlus games that are high-caliber are Radiant Historia and Nocturne.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/persona-4-golden
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/final-fantasy-vii
---
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida
#55badboyPosted 2/15/2013 7:53:53 PM
Persona sucks, this topic about the superior Final Fantasy IX, which by the way has 94% on Metacritic.
#56CrispykidsPosted 2/15/2013 7:55:34 PM
If you like FF7 you will enjoy this game. My personal favorite game of all time; I have been playing it since I was 11 years old and I'm 23 now and still I don't get bored. It has steampunk, fantasy, and other elements all mixed into one masterpiece of a game. Get it if you haven't already it's epic.
#57iseemehPosted 2/15/2013 7:55:44 PM
Guys please no arguing. IX is great in my opinion, just take note of the slow battle pace even at the fastest setting.

Zidane is great and likable as a character, story and attitude wise. He is something like Yuri from Tales of Vesperia.
#58fakewarsPosted 2/15/2013 7:57:53 PM
badboy posted...
Persona sucks, this topic about the superior Final Fantasy IX, which by the way has 94% on Metacritic.

and 9.1 user score, where the superior P4 Golden got 9.3
---
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida
#59GXL_LeonPosted 2/15/2013 7:59:37 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
GXL_Leon posted...

Zidane is a thief.

True! good one tough...

But he need to be in berserker mode to do 9999 in end game :/
or trance...
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls
#60shinra35800Posted 2/15/2013 8:00:02 PM
It's a great game. It has the best normal fight music out of all the FFs. It also has a great feel and some of the greatest overworld themes in any rpg.