This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 9 - How good is it?

#61xyxrxuxafraidx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:00:14 PM
K... I've been playing it..... at the part where I just kidnapped the princess and their ship crashes.

What turned me off at first was the kiddy looking characters, but I'm over it now... its actually pretty interesting. I like Vivi and Zidane so far. The story seems less serious than the typical FF but its kind of unique and funny... its keeping me entertained at least.

Ok, will give this game a chance! How is the main villian?
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#62mogar002Posted 2/15/2013 7:01:10 PM
GXL_Leon posted...
I mean... main char is not a tank... is not a healer... is not a summoner... is not a damager
is not a buffer... is not nothing IDK whats his role is... :S

With Thievery Zidane tosses out 9999 damage as easy as breathing.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#63IronticsDragonLPosted 2/15/2013 7:07:03 PM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
K... I've been playing it..... at the part where I just kidnapped the princess and their ship crashes.

What turned me off at first was the kiddy looking characters, but I'm over it now... its actually pretty interesting. I like Vivi and Zidane so far. The story seems less serious than the typical FF but its kind of unique and funny... its keeping me entertained at least.

Talking about the main villian is kinda spoilerish, but, to let you know about him, he's *Spoilers for the end of disk 1* a dude who looks like a lady. *end spoilers*
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#64Carbuncle009Posted 2/15/2013 7:10:20 PM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...

He is a bit interesting, but nothing too spectacular (he does have interesting backstory though).

And it gets more serious as the plot progresses. I think it starts to escalate by the 2nd Disc.

mogar002 posted...
With Thievery Zidane tosses out 9999 damage as easy as breathing.

I can vouch this. Zidane will ALWAYS use Steal in this game, Steal gets you good armor early in the game. By the time you run out of enemies to steal from, Thievery, which damages based on the number of successful steals, will deal 9999 easy.

It's just a shame this game didn't have a way to break the damage cap. None I found, anyway.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#65GXL_LeonPosted 2/15/2013 7:14:10 PM
Thats new o_O
BTW freya + dragon crest did the trick always for me xD
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls
#66X195Posted 2/15/2013 7:36:14 PM
Very.
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.
#67oxnerdPosted 2/15/2013 7:44:21 PM
Its better than 7. And don't ask FF7 fans to rank FF games, you're obviously going to get the same answer. As of rank it is the best.
#68mike_testPosted 2/15/2013 7:45:06 PM
GXL_Leon posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
GXL_Leon posted...
I mean... main char is not a tank... is not a healer... is not a summoner... is not a damager
is not a buffer... is not nothing IDK whats his role is... :S

Zidane is a thief.

True! good one tough...

But he need to be in berserker mode to do 9999 in end game :/
or trance...

Make him steal a lot and his Thievery move will do 9999 every single time. It's similar to Freya's Dragon Crest where it requires a certain number of things to do 9999 damage.
#69StrawbearryMilkPosted 2/15/2013 7:51:57 PM
It's my favorite FF.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/smapizard
http://i.imgur.com/34WZF.gif
#70TehAssasinPosted 2/15/2013 8:04:52 PM
Not as good as FFVII, arguably better than FFVIII, one of the best FF of all time.