This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 9 - How good is it?

#71CojiroseanPosted 2/15/2013 9:09:27 PM
VIII is better for veterans. IX is a bit too weird for my tastes. WHAT THE HELL IS FREYA?!?!?!
---
"Whoa, you sure you're speaking Japanese there Daichi?"
#72mogar002Posted 2/15/2013 9:11:57 PM
Cojirosean posted...
VIII is better for veterans. IX is a bit too weird for my tastes. WHAT THE HELL IS FREYA?!?!?!

WHAT THE HELL IS JUMPING LAGUNA ANIMAL?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#73ProudcladPosted 2/16/2013 12:49:28 AM
One of the best games ever made. A masterpiece.
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#74Mixture420Posted 2/16/2013 1:31:55 AM
Its great, not as good as ff7 or 10, but still really good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GX2rZHa.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rad3r9sjVSM(now epic MGS boss theme)
#75pirateswrath333Posted 2/16/2013 4:05:26 AM
FFIX is my favourite Final Fantasy game.
---
Xbox Live GT - I Aftershockk I PSN ID - Oxidationx
Games Anticipating: FFVsXIII and Tales of Xillia
#76ragnarok_weaponPosted 2/16/2013 4:12:03 AM(edited)
Final fantasy ix is more of a old school traditional final fantasy game. I wasn't too fond of the character or liked the story too much. But i really like old school gameplay with atb, and leveling up.

I like xiii better because of the story and character, I just didn't like the system, and gameplay. I definitely hated the part where when I level up and get stronger the enemies get stronger with me.
---
PSN - Ragnarok_weapon
#77nouseravailablePosted 2/16/2013 4:23:45 AM(edited)
FF9 have its share of problems. Overall, i think its better then VII and VIII. It was also the last really good final fantasy so its def worth playing.
---
NP: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ni No Kuni and P4Arena
#78danny_S_06Posted 2/16/2013 4:30:53 AM(edited)
I'm a huge FF7 fanboy....... it's the BEST RPG ever created. Period. I look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

Stopped here, don't you think that is a bit silly?

I'll refrain from biting and proceeding to rip in to it and say FF9 is fantastic and you should give it a try for sure.

Forgot to mention, Steal from EVERY battle and EVERY boss, you can always get loot well in advance if it showing in shops and some gear can only be got from stealing, it also makes his future ability Thievery more powerful.
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#79mad_hax_manPosted 2/16/2013 11:35:19 AM
danny_S_06 posted...
I'm a huge FF7 fanboy....... it's the BEST RPG ever created. Period. I look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

Stopped here, don't you think that is a bit silly?

I'll refrain from biting and proceeding to rip in to it and say FF9 is fantastic and you should give it a try for sure.

Forgot to mention, Steal from EVERY battle and EVERY boss, you can always get loot well in advance if it showing in shops and some gear can only be got from stealing, it also makes his future ability Thievery more powerful.

IMO, forget about stealing. It makes already tedious battles pretty much unbareable
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#80Power TurtlePosted 2/16/2013 10:53:03 PM(edited)
Anyone who thinks Zidane isnt a powerhouse obviously hasnt played FFIX that much.. His Dyne trance kicks ass, especially later in the game.. he holds his own with Steiner with raw damage dealing.. and if you steal ....ALOT.... you could have him dealing 9999 by the time you learn Thievery(at least steal atleast once per battle, and try to steal all boss items, and it will be powerful in no time).

Gotta be honest here, the guys that pass on this game because of graphics ****ing sicken me.