This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OH MAH GAWD, oh mah gawd! This is one pretty jrpg coming out this march

#71SieKensouPosted 2/15/2013 7:54:57 PM
Guts_Leonheart posted...
Sagovic posted...
Honestly, I don't see anyone trolling here, the guys that don't like the game are explaining their reasons on why they dislike it. On the other hand the people who defend this "game" resort to insults and crying.
Because their is a constant influx of people insulting it, any attempt to discuss these sort of games outside of their forums is opened with a barage of insults and people quoting "game" who have never even played it.

I got the platinum for Atelier Totori, it was one of the best jRPGs I've played in years, I also am a huge fan of anime especially Slice of Life (Moe as people like to call it) type series and this combines two of my biggest interests. Sure, I understand completely that its a niche and its not for everybody, fair enough just ignore it rather than attempt to insult it but do not make silly comments, pedo accusations? Hardly, its not a game? It has one of the best crafting systems out there. The market is flooded with them? Hardly, HDN, Atelier, Mugen Souls and just maybe Disgaea but that's it. It doesn't effect you in any way, shape or form.

People have heard many times why they don't like it, they don't care and half the time they're just ignorant statements.

slice of life =/= moe... seriously. don't use a term if you don't know what it means

also, Atelier series is lengths of differences with Mugen Souls... which is lengs of differences with Neptune.... Disgaea might be similar to Mugen Soul but it's also extremely different from it...
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#72EroyumePosted 2/15/2013 7:56:30 PM
http://postimage.org/image/54w0s0haz/

First off, you need to find a better image host. Secondly, if you're putting this much effort into trolling, I think it's time to re-evaluate your priorities.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#73zinformantPosted 2/15/2013 7:57:12 PM
Okay. From the game I played and enjoyed:
Space_Monky posted...
Totori: In one of these still-frame cutscenes, a drunken woman makes unwanted advances toward two other female characters (e.g., “Stop moving your hands all over me!” “The younger ones always feel so much more firm,” and “Bad girls like you need to be punished!” This scene WAS out of place, and I wish it wasn't there because that hinders me recommending the game to anyone. That said, it's optional, difficult to get, and the woman in question is middle-aged.). Some female characters are also depicted in low-cut outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage That's not unusual.; their breasts occasionally bounce while walking or jumping Neither is that....

---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#74ShineboxerPosted 2/15/2013 8:00:00 PM
http://postimage.org/image/54w0s0haz/

First off, you need to find a better image host. Secondly, if you're putting this much effort into trolling, I think it's time to re-evaluate your priorities.

Not trolling, all truth.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#75ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/15/2013 8:01:48 PM(edited)
Space_Monky posted...
From ESRB:

Ayesha: During the course of the game, a handful of cutscenes include suggestive material: two female characters accidentally groping each other in a dark cave; a female character discussing being touched by men (e.g., “Whenever something happened, some guys would always touch my butt in the midst of the confusion”); two female characters taking a bath together (deep cleavage is depicted).

Meruru: Some dialogue includes discussion of characters' breast sizes (e.g., “Why don't we see who's been . . . developing?” and “That coy response, this supple texture . . . you get an A+!”); one still-frame cutscene depicts a drunken woman making unwanted advances toward another female character (e.g., “Why are you acting like some creepy drunk guy!? Stoooop!” “[C]'mon, lemme have a little squeeze.”). A hot springs sequence also depicts women's breasts/buttocks that are partially obscured by mist, bubbles, and towels.

Totori: In one of these still-frame cutscenes, a drunken woman makes unwanted advances toward two other female characters (e.g., “Stop moving your hands all over me!” “The younger ones always feel so much more firm,” and “Bad girls like you need to be punished!”). Some female characters are also depicted in low-cut outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage; their breasts occasionally bounce while walking or jumping.

Rorona: Characters sometimes make suggestive comments in the dialogue (e.g., 'I'm gonna do naughty things to her while she's paralyzed,' 'That was my only chance to legally touch her,' and 'I got to enjoy every last inch of your body'). One still-image cutscene depicts a character drunkenly groping a woman's chest.

defend away my friends...

Seems innocent enough to me. Maybe that is because I'm from Europe, where we don't go totally crazy about a bit of skin and suggestive talk. (The Atelier games are rated 6+ here in Germany)
#76NicoGrimmPosted 2/15/2013 8:02:12 PM
So, it looks very pretty.

I've never played any of the Atelier games before though. Are they good? Like,s tory, gameplay, that kind of stuff?
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#77ManjiMidou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:02:49 PM
zinformant posted...
Space_Monky posted...
Totori: In one of these still-frame cutscenes, a drunken woman makes unwanted advances toward two other female characters (e.g., “Stop moving your hands all over me!” “The younger ones always feel so much more firm,” and “Bad girls like you need to be punished!” This scene WAS out of place, and I wish it wasn't there because that hinders me recommending the game to anyone. That said, it's optional, difficult to get, and the woman in question is middle-aged.). Some female characters are also depicted in low-cut outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage That's not unusual.; their breasts occasionally bounce while walking or jumping Neither is that....

lol

Zinformant just owned space monky.
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#78Space_MonkyPosted 2/15/2013 8:06:57 PM
ManjiMidou posted...
zinformant posted...
Space_Monky posted...

lol

Zinformant just owned space monky.

it all still revolves around young or young looking girls.
when you ask why everyone calls you a pedo or lolicon, you can refer to my post again.
---
The fiction will see the real.
#79SieKensouPosted 2/15/2013 8:10:03 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
So, it looks very pretty.

I've never played any of the Atelier games before though. Are they good? Like,s tory, gameplay, that kind of stuff?

it's much more a focus on the characters than a story, though each Atelier game does have a story.
the story in the Atelier games aren't the usual "save the world" stories.

a heavy focus in the gameplay is time management and resource management. however, note that time management does not mean realtime.

there's also a heavy focus on alchemy.
---
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#80SieKensouPosted 2/15/2013 8:10:59 PM
Space_Monky posted...
it all still revolves around young or young looking girls.
when you ask why everyone calls you a pedo or lolicon, you can refer to my post again.

asian females are loli regardless of age. got it.
---