This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Calling it now PS4 is going to be called the "Playstation Evolution"

#1Garfield64Posted 2/15/2013 6:26:24 PM
and it's going to have full Gakai streaming support for old Playstation games

^_^

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/15/playstation-evolution-the-beginning/
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#2midgarPosted 2/15/2013 7:50:46 PM
.....why would anyone be excited for streaming support? You'll have to rebuy access to anything you have a physical copy of, and you'll be
100% dependent on Playstation Network if you ever want to play it again. This is just one big f***** up prelude to a digital only console.

I'm so damn glad I have a quality PC and a BC PS3. If they do this where you pay for the games individually, just to stream, screw them.

However, I'll say this. If PS+ included a service that allowed you to stream as many games as you wanted from PS1-3, it'd be a cool feature trumping anything XBL offers.
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#3Lelouch71Posted 2/15/2013 7:53:04 PM
Oh great it will remind me of that piece of crap of a movie called Dragonball Evolution. How lovely.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#4clo24Posted 2/15/2013 8:01:17 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Oh great it will remind me of that piece of crap of a movie called Dragonball Evolution. How lovely.

at least chi chi was nice to look at!
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/28jfypz.jpg
#5Alky88Posted 2/15/2013 8:03:03 PM
midgar posted...
.....why would anyone be excited for streaming support? You'll have to rebuy access to anything you have a physical copy of, and you'll be
100% dependent on Playstation Network if you ever want to play it again. This is just one big f***** up prelude to a digital only console.

I'm so damn glad I have a quality PC and a BC PS3. If they do this where you pay for the games individually, just to stream, screw them.

However, I'll say this. If PS+ included a service that allowed you to stream as many games as you wanted from PS1-3, it'd be a cool feature trumping anything XBL offers.

How about we wait for the official announcement on the 20th before jumping to silly conclusions about how this new thing is gonna work?
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#6THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 2/15/2013 8:04:27 PM
The video timelines PlayStation's evolution through the years. Why would they call the console PlayStation Evolution?
#7XplodnPnguins92Posted 2/15/2013 8:05:33 PM
it'll be called ps4.
---
http://www.sdtekken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TTT2.png
#8midgarPosted 2/15/2013 8:31:30 PM

How about we wait for the official announcement on the 20th before jumping to silly conclusions about how this new thing is gonna work?

I wasn't drawing conclusions, I was speculating. Hence the use of IF frequently. There's no telling what the business model will be, but
purchasing unlocks of individual games would be robbery if you can't even run it off of a HD. They can't include cell for PS3 BC because
it'd drive the price up insanely high, and they sure as hell can't software emulate it on P4 HW, so I understand why they're doing it. Still...

*hugs 60GB phat*

Never die, old friend, never die. :(
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#9king_zettaPosted 2/15/2013 9:02:14 PM
No that's the service name
Companies want short names
#10regsantotomasPosted 2/15/2013 9:07:09 PM
In order of release

1. Playstation
2. Playstation 2 = PS2
3. PSP
4. Playstation 3 = PS3
5. PSP Go (Go means 5 in Japanese)
6. PSP Vita (Roman numeral VI)
7. Playstation "4" or it could be a play on the number 7.

Only the PSP/PS3 throws a wrench in the naming convention though that could have been an effort in avoiding "4"
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego