This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni should've been released on the Wii U

#41monkeyman0111Posted 2/15/2013 6:56:18 PM
I agree, it could've benefited from the WiiU tech
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#42nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:58:38 PM
Universquall posted...
nekrothing posted...
Did you read the fourth point? Ni No Kuni would've received more exposure and would've had less competition if it had released on the Wii U. In turn, this would result in higher sales figures despite the lower install base.

It being on the Wii U would only have one positive.

I believe there would've been at least three major advantages to releasing Ni No Kuni on the Wii U as opposed to releasing it on the PS3.

-Improved graphical fidelity.

-Improved player interaction, much like the handheld version of the game except that it would be more streamlined due to the touchscreen controller.

-Possible improved sales figures due to higher exposure and less competition.
#43ManuKesnaPosted 2/15/2013 6:58:55 PM
nekrothing posted...
No, but it's the closest thing to it. Ni No Kuni could've benefited from the Wii U tech, such as the improved specs and touchscreen controller. Releasing on the Wii U would've been their best bet at recreating those DS sales figures.

Nope

---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#44clo24Posted 2/15/2013 6:59:53 PM
This is like the 3rd time this topic has been done...........
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/28jfypz.jpg
#45UniversquallPosted 2/15/2013 7:00:44 PM
You thought so much about it. Yet you left out the most important positive. Strange.
---
After the Fallout
#46nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:04:54 PM
clo24 posted...
This is like the 3rd time this topic has been done...........

It is? I haven't seen a topic like this one before.

Universquall posted...
You thought so much about it. Yet you left out the most important positive. Strange.

The most important positive? So you're agreeing now that there would be more than just one positive?
#47UniversquallPosted 2/15/2013 7:06:31 PM
nekrothing posted...
The most important positive? So you're agreeing now that there would be more than just one positive?

People gave you positives why it shouldn't. It doesn't need any positives. The only reason it should be on the Wii U hasn't even been said
---
After the Fallout
#48pixel378Posted 2/15/2013 7:07:44 PM
Wii U doesn't have a good install base, whilst the playstation has a 72 million install base. The Playstation is also known as a RPG system and has a ton of RPG fans who own it, its the best system to release on as it would get the most attention on a console not dominated by shooters or Nintendo 1st party games.

And Nintendo probably didn't try to get it at all either. They are never good at getting 3rd party games.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#49NicoGrimmPosted 2/15/2013 7:16:17 PM
The ONLY positive it would have is Wizard's Companion navigation. Everything else would stay the same.
---
Somebody tell me, tell me, tell me, when will I learn? I love it and I leave it and I watch it burn! Damn this wild young heart!
#50nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:16:48 PM
pixel378 posted...
Wii U doesn't have a good install base, whilst the playstation has a 72 million install base. The Playstation is also known as a RPG system and has a ton of RPG fans who own it, its the best system to release on as it would get the most attention on a console not dominated by shooters or Nintendo 1st party games.

And Nintendo probably didn't try to get it at all either. They are never good at getting 3rd party games.

I wouldn't exactly classify the PS3 as an (J)RPG system when the Wii had more, higher quality (J)RPGs in comparison. The Wii U install base might be small at the moment, but it would still offer Ni No Kuni the best possible chance at success. What you need to consider is that there are few quality games on the Wii U right now, so something like Ni No Kuni would really stand out. This results in more exposure with less competition, thus higher sales. So while the Wii U install base is smaller, the sales figures would still be much higher, and as that base grows, so do the sales figures.

Heck, Nintendo could have even done a Wii U NNK bundle, much like the ZombiU bundle that's out now. Although I agree with the last thing you said, Nintendo is pretty terrible when it comes to getting third-party games.