This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You are Not Ready for PlayStation 4

#31THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:30:54 PM
TakayaNoriko posted...
Cojirosean posted...
This is the kind of guy that, of an evening, take a scented bath and then plays Journey after putting on his dressing gown.

Classy.

Quite.
#32overmaxxPosted 2/15/2013 10:45:15 PM
I'm ready like Reggie.
#33XenobowPosted 2/15/2013 10:46:15 PM
Are you ready for PlayStation 4?

No.
#34omegaweapon1Posted 2/15/2013 10:53:35 PM
I say why not continue what they did that worked. Focus in the games. The ps1 and ps2 were shining examples of that.

All this internet gaming when all they ever wanted is to take money as often as they can via ohh "premium" items when they could have just put in the game in the first place.

Get back into making traditional console RPG's Sony. the root word is console.
---
X
#35carsaucePosted 2/15/2013 11:23:10 PM
I am not ready.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#36twinsfan19Posted 2/15/2013 11:30:07 PM
midgar posted...
work_a_holic posted...
BlazingxPaddles posted...
I'm ready. It's a piece of tech that will be considered under powered within 12 months of its release.

That is every single piece of tech... ever.

Ummm...no. The rumors flying around say the CPU for PS4 is based on an AMD A10 APU...that's not exactly "cutting edge" tech. The rumor mill also says the GPUs for the PS4 and 720 will be based on the 7850...new GPU yes, but not top of the line.

That combination on a desktop PC has been known to run games like BF3/Crysis at 1080p/30FPS solid. It's not cutting edge, but
when you consider it's on dedicated gaming hardware that is standardized (unlike PC), you'll see developers do more with less.

I think it's a pretty big jump, personally. Think about what BF3 could have been. Consoles will get FULL PC ports, and not watered down junk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see what they can do with better hardware. My point however was that as far as computing hardware goes, the new consoles certainly aren't cutting edge. You can buy tech that is not already going out of date when you get it, but it won't be in a gaming console.

I'm also glad consoles won't be holding back PC games as much :P I really love certain genres of games on console, but I gotta have my FPS on PC :)
---
Currently Playing: SC2, CS:GO, TF2, Tribes Ascend, Bastion
#37cycledancePosted 2/15/2013 11:31:19 PM
my body is reggie.
#38THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:17:30 AM
Anybody who says they are ready, I can assure you...

You are not ready.