This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 has backward compatibility through PS3 game discs?

#31kreedersPosted 2/15/2013 10:45:00 PM
i would rather pay extra an have BC and full re download of PSN purchases then not have it.
#32SL68Posted 2/15/2013 10:46:24 PM
What about lag when you stream games?
#33darkstar4221Posted 2/15/2013 10:59:46 PM(edited)
morphinapg posted...
Would you guys complaining want to pay another $600 price tag?

The normal price is likely to be $350-400. I doubt BC would cost $200+. They could probably add it on for $50. They would only need to add the cell, not the GPU or any other PS3 hardware, and the cell is pretty cheap to manufacture. Make it $100 extra (like the original PS3 premium model) and also include a larger HDD, and it'd be a great deal.

My ideal scenario would be this:

PS4 - Regular Model - $350
250 GB HDD
PS1/PS2 BC

PS4 - Premium Model - $450
500 GB HDD
PS1/PS2/PS3 BC

Exactly. Sony needs to think what's convenient for the consumers, this isn't convenient at all. If this rumor out to be true, I ain't buying the PS4.
#34NicodimusPosted 2/15/2013 10:59:31 PM
Nicodimus posted...
what are internet caps? you can't use your internet for as long as you want?

Most ISPs limit the amount of data you can transfer each month.

Just in the US is where this is practiced, Japen, Europe, Canada, Australia, and south America dont even have limits on internet usage.

You've got to be kidding me. Some of these people get charged by the hour for internet access.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#35Spetsnaz420Posted 2/15/2013 11:34:35 PM(edited)
brycemorr posted...
Nicodimus posted...
what are internet caps? you can't use your internet for as long as you want?

Most ISPs limit the amount of data you can transfer each month.

Just in the US is where this is practiced, Japen, Europe, Canada, Australia, and south America dont even have limits on internet usage.

I can't speak for Japan, Europe or Australia

But most Canadian ISPs are expensive and have horrible small bandwidth caps...I have an unlimited service but it's not as fast as the many of the capped services...unlimited bandwidth was a good trade off

Go over your cap?

Bell charges you $30 for 1mb over and will charge more if you download X amount before cap resets.
Cogeco will cut off your Internet after 1gb over and if you call to complain they give you ultra slow Internet for the month.
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#36morphinapgPosted 2/16/2013 9:08:10 AM
morphinapg posted...
Hey, I wouldn't mind it. We just don't know how much the PS4 will cost to manufacture when it's all said and done. I'm pretty sure Sony doesn't want to sell the console at a loss again.

Based on the rumors of specs, we have a pretty good idea. They'd be able to sell at $350 without taking a loss imo, and the $450 model would be profitable.

We'll just have to see. I'll be glad when Wednesday gets here, so Sony can clear some of these things up. One thing I hope they don't do is force the PS Move on us. I'm sick of motion controls.

I doubt that will happen. They'll want to encourage it of course, but even sixaxis wasn't forced on us, except for maybe one game I can think of, which I think was patched later to allow traditional control.