This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a feeling 20+ years could end for me

#1RKOMe2011Posted 2/15/2013 8:34:57 PM
I been a gamer probably as long as some of your ages in here as I am old school I been gaming since the days of the Wooden Panel Atari many of you wouldnt even born yet in those days.

To see that many years of gaming come to a grinding halt would suck as I have seen it all, played most and also beaten most of these games.

I would hate for this to be my last generation of gaming cause of Restrictions such as (ALWAYS-ON) internet connection required, this dosent mean power always on people so stop with the jokes.

I know how to do everything I just dont have the connections to do the stuff on cause living in a dead zone my options are limited no internet connections & no Cell Phones work it is almost like your on a Deserted Island cut off from the Modern World.

Also Banning of used games or the Backwards deal dosent bother me, but the ALWAYS ON deal would bother me and would be the final factor in these next gen systems.

So for me it all comes down to 1 major deal are these systems going to be ALWAYS ON devices.

If so then that means this is my last generation as a gamer, and 20+ years of gaming could be coming to a grinding Halt.

My only options would be Vita, 3DS and Wii U and the Current Consoles of PS3 & 360.
as I am not upgrading to PC cause you always got to Upgrade and it is expensive.

I been a loyal Sony person I have bought every Sony System and multiple Versions of them minus that of the PSPGo which was an abomination.

So please next gen dont ruin and mark this as my final generation with the ALWAYS ON deal I wanna play the new Mass Effect, I wanna play Killzone 4.
#2carib2gPosted 2/15/2013 8:38:10 PM
Cool story bro.
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#3Blueandwhite87Posted 2/15/2013 8:41:28 PM
I don't see how this is a big deal
#4caffiend7Posted 2/15/2013 8:43:27 PM
I feel the same, it sucks but we may have to accept that fact. But I won't stop completely I'll just stock up on games for systems I have just play those.
#5RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:47:13 PM
Dude it is a big deal when you live in a DEAD-ZONE it means you dont have the connections to play the ALWAYS ON deal which might be a next gen requirement.

I am not the only person in this pickle cause of the area and the location we have no Internet Connections, no Cell Phones, no access.

This means next gen woudlnt be an option for us so this is indeed a BIG DEAL.

Also you dont know what it would feel or be like to have 20+ years of gaming come to an end cause of those RESTRICTIONS.
#6pumpkinpizzaPosted 2/15/2013 8:57:56 PM
carib2g posted...
Cool story bro.
#7archizzyPosted 2/15/2013 9:02:12 PM
I think you are jumping to conclusions well before you need to.

As for age not everyone here is young.

I have been gaming since 1980 and there are a number of people here older than myself.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#8Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/16/2013 12:07:01 AM
Yawn.
/Topic.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#9CojiroseanPosted 2/16/2013 12:09:25 AM
I live in a dead zone too. I feel your pain.
---
I'm not weaboo, I'm an Otaku.
#10DarthLaharlPosted 2/16/2013 12:09:37 AM
You'll buy it when it releases or some time after so stop lying you know you want it.
---
PSN: Unretributed