This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Always on = No PS4 for me

#1RKOMe2011Posted 2/15/2013 8:57:24 PM
Living in a area basically like I am on a deserted island cut off from the modern world basically means I have no access to the internet or Cell Phones cause of the area I live in is basically a DEAD-ZONE.

If this is some of the PS4s requirements such as ALWAYs on then I will not be getting either the PS4 or the 720.

And this will mark my final generation as a gamer and an end to 20+ years of gaming.
#2mogar002Posted 2/15/2013 8:58:14 PM
ok
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3Crimson SkysPosted 2/15/2013 8:58:49 PM
cool
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#4Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/15/2013 8:58:51 PM
Thankfully I haven't heard any news about the PS4 needing to always be online
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#5RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:59:09 PM
This would be one of the biggest nail in the coffins on the PS4.
#6PStrifePosted 2/15/2013 9:01:04 PM
Next-gen consoles keep sounding worse, this hasn't happend in years.

You are supposed to be getting excited about new consoles, the opposite effect is all that they seem to be enforcing. Making rules that your customers are not asking for, is sorta backwards marketing strategum.

It is like media nerds that live in a lil' room are making these stupid ideas up.
#7regsantotomasPosted 2/15/2013 9:01:16 PM
But what if it means different from what people are assuming "always on" means?

If always on meant that you get automatic download even when you aren't playing so that these are ready when you access your machine, then I think that that could be a great feature. This would mean less down time and also less load times when accessing the PSN store.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#8midgarPosted 2/15/2013 9:06:53 PM
I liked the non-TLDR version of this very same topic on the same page as this one, better.

You could have just edited your original post, man...
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#9dolablaPosted 2/15/2013 9:09:48 PM
I haven't even heard "Always on" with the PS4. That's been the next xbox that's been associated with that.
#10Godly_GoofPosted 2/15/2013 9:10:05 PM
PStrife posted...
Next-gen consoles keep sounding worse, this hasn't happend in years.

You are supposed to be getting excited about new consoles, the opposite effect is all that they seem to be enforcing. Making rules that your customers are not asking for, is sorta backwards marketing strategum.

It is like media nerds that live in a lil' room are making these stupid ideas up.

At least we still have Nintendo :3
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."