This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Always on = No PS4 for me

#21AlltraPosted 2/15/2013 11:01:35 PM(edited)
I love this comment, because that's not even the biggest reason to "Fear" always on consoles.

Always on amounts to a restriction. They can try and sugarcoat it all they want, but the bottom line is that you have no choice but to play online, where they can monitor and regulate your experience with an iron fist. They can do all manner of crazy things once that becomes mainstream.

..and if this generation is any indication, you damn well know if they can do it, they will.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#22wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/16/2013 12:13:09 AM
It's like having to log into facebook to use your computer. . . .

oh Wait.
---
Im for the revocation of the 2nd Amendment; guns have no place in society anymore, especially not assault weapons. The police can protect citizens.
#23PsychoD_BoyPosted 2/16/2013 2:37:21 AM
I like how TC posted this exact topic on the 360 board and somebody asked where he lived and he just reposted the dessert island sentence.
---
Welcome. You will experience a tingling sensation and then death.
#24crazyman32Posted 2/16/2013 2:49:08 AM
PsychoD_Boy posted...
I like how TC posted this exact topic on the 360 board and somebody asked where he lived and he just reposted the dessert island sentence.

He is topic spamming nothing new on here.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#25ManjiMidouPosted 2/16/2013 2:53:39 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
PStrife posted...
Next-gen consoles keep sounding worse, this hasn't happend in years.

You are supposed to be getting excited about new consoles, the opposite effect is all that they seem to be enforcing. Making rules that your customers are not asking for, is sorta backwards marketing strategum.

It is like media nerds that live in a lil' room are making these stupid ideas up.

At least we still have Nintendo :3

***Chuckle***
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#26IChangedMyNamePosted 2/16/2013 3:24:24 AM
Always online would be a deciding factor for me to turn away from their products.

So far rumors have it Sony is against used games, MS is against Used games and in favor of Always online.

No word of any BC for either of them... Meanwhile, believe it or not. Nintendo just seems to be doing everything right in terms of gamer liberation.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#27nighting13Posted 2/16/2013 4:39:47 AM
All I ask for is a link as to where you heard this news tc becuase it's new to me.
---
PSN: Nightwing1390
#28Impaired MedicPosted 2/16/2013 4:42:06 AM
PsychoD_Boy posted...

I wish I lived on dessert island. Getting to eat desserts all day long, that's the life for me!
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#29anonymous46773Posted 2/16/2013 6:20:55 AM
If it were online only, I wouldn't buy it on principle.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#30Peltar94Posted 2/16/2013 7:06:08 AM
I'm not against the idea of always online, but the timing would be too soon for it. The infrastructure just isn't up to par worldwide yet. Plus, for how often psn is down for maintenance and how well they handle it at times spells doom if they do go through with it. What would players do the first time they have to take the network down for 12 or more hours. It would be many angry consumers and a financial fiasco.