This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a Street racing game...

#1MishimaBloodPosted 2/15/2013 10:29:55 PM
With car tuning both visually and inside (engine, transmission etc). Like the old NFS and Juiced.. Are there any racing games like this that came out recently? I saw the new Most Wanted but it doesnt seem to have visual upgrades.. And I dont think theres going to be anything that will keep me playing since there is much tuning to do
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#2Rainy_David1Posted 2/15/2013 10:41:38 PM
Midnight Club: L.A. might be what your looking for. Though I'm not sure if has as much performance customization as those NFS and previous Midnight Club games
#3MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:46:40 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
With car tuning both visually and inside (engine, transmission etc). Like the old NFS and Juiced.. Are there any racing games like this that came out recently? I saw the new Most Wanted but it doesnt seem to have visual upgrades.. And I dont think theres going to be anything that will keep me playing since there is much tuning to do

Isnt that kinda old?
---
#4Rainy_David1Posted 2/15/2013 10:51:18 PM
Oops, didn't notice the came out recently part. It's from 2008, though I'd say it's worth it if you haven't played it since it doesn't cost much. Don't know any recent games that have lots of car customization.
#5karmasNcarnatePosted 2/15/2013 11:28:52 PM(edited)
Nfs most wanted (the older one mind you) and carbon are what come to my mind with what you're looking for, after carbon though, Nfs has been pretty "meh" imo anyway (the last one, hot pursuit, was unworthy of its namesake).

But whatever they say everyone is a hater, but if I can't have a manual transmission, and tweak my car how I want it on a dyno, then "meh".

Plug in your ps2 and play underground lol. Midnight Club wasn't bad per say, but it wasn't as good as mc2.

Once again, maybe it's just nostalgia, or maybe I'm just getting old, but that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.
---
Sony and Nike have the right philosophy; live life loud, just do it! Yadadamean? East Bay represent. psn same as here hit me if you have a mic 18+ please
#6MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:49:26 AM
I was just looking into Hot Pursuit, it seems fun despite my problem about street racing games as I mentioned in the topic.. Between the new Most wanted and Hot Pursuit which would u reccomend?
---
#7PhophenomenonPosted 2/16/2013 12:53:00 AM
See..Midnight Club LA is the perfect game for what you are looking for but it came out like 4 years ago. It doesn't seem dates to me though except the cars.
---
Playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch!