This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I bought a 120hz LED TV, watching blu-ray's I don't get that illusion of 60fps

#1Shiek120Posted 2/16/2013 1:00:07 AM
I bought a new television recently. I have a 42" VIZIO LED Smart HD TV with 120hz. Because it's a smart TV I can save settings to each individual input. I don't really game with my Playstation 3 unless I'm doing an occasional MGS4 run....so it's mainly a blu-ray player now.

When I bought the TV with 120hz I had blu-ray in mind. See, I work in an electronics store and the 120hz TV's when playing blu-rays have that amazing illusion of 60fps. I know that it's mainly blending frames and predicting where the frame would be, etc...

When i set everything up I watched The Dark Knight Rises on blu-ray, and I didn't get that 60 fps illusion, I was still getting it in 24fps. Is there a setting I have to change to display the 120hz? I've checked the television and I don't see any settings that would be for refresh rate...do I have to change something on the Playstation?
---
I'm a Celtic.
#215RCPosted 2/16/2013 1:10:34 AM
I never used a Vizio TV before, but Sony and Samsung have a setting that's called something like motion enhancer.
---
Thursday, February 14 - Heat @ Thunder
Tuesday, February 19 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
#3lostnumberwarPosted 2/16/2013 1:14:06 AM
15RC posted...
I never used a Vizio TV before, but Sony and Samsung have a setting that's called something like motion enhancer.

It's called Smooth Motion on Vizio T.V.s turn it on.
---
And now for something completely the same.
#4Shiek120(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:16:47 AM
15RC posted...

Hmmm...so I checked the manual which has the specs listed...it says it doesn't have Smooth Motion...so I guess I can't actually get that effect...that kind of sucks.
---
I'm a Celtic.
#515RCPosted 2/16/2013 1:17:26 AM
lostnumberwar posted...
15RC posted...

Correct. Turn off the Smooth Motion Demo if it's on.
---
#615RCPosted 2/16/2013 1:17:47 AM
Shiek120 posted...
15RC posted...

Hmmm...so I checked the manual which has the specs listed...it says it doesn't have Smooth Motion...so I guess I can't actually get that effect...that kind of sucks.

What model TV?
---
#7Shiek120(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:19:21 AM
Shiek120 posted...
15RC posted...

What model TV?

I have the M420SL, "42" Edge Lit Razor LED Smart TV"
---
I'm a Celtic.
#8TrifelivinPosted 2/16/2013 1:21:12 AM
You can't watch anything at 60fps unless its filmed at 60fps.
#9Shiek120(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:22:04 AM
You can't watch anything at 60fps unless its filmed at 60fps.

I know that, however as being discussed a lot of TV's have smooth motion or equivalents that fill in the frames and provide the illusion of 60fps...not once did I say I WANT 60fps...I just want that illusion, it looks good in some instances.
---
I'm a Celtic.
#10lostnumberwarPosted 2/16/2013 1:22:22 AM
Yeah your T.V. is lacking this feature.
---
And now for something completely the same.