This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I bought a 120hz LED TV, watching blu-ray's I don't get that illusion of 60fps

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I bought a 120hz LED TV, watching blu-ray's I don't get that illusion of 60fps

User Info: Shiek120

Shiek120
3 years ago#1
I bought a new television recently. I have a 42" VIZIO LED Smart HD TV with 120hz. Because it's a smart TV I can save settings to each individual input. I don't really game with my Playstation 3 unless I'm doing an occasional MGS4 run....so it's mainly a blu-ray player now.

When I bought the TV with 120hz I had blu-ray in mind. See, I work in an electronics store and the 120hz TV's when playing blu-rays have that amazing illusion of 60fps. I know that it's mainly blending frames and predicting where the frame would be, etc...

When i set everything up I watched The Dark Knight Rises on blu-ray, and I didn't get that 60 fps illusion, I was still getting it in 24fps. Is there a setting I have to change to display the 120hz? I've checked the television and I don't see any settings that would be for refresh rate...do I have to change something on the Playstation?
I'm a Celtic.

User Info: 15RC

15RC
3 years ago#2
I never used a Vizio TV before, but Sony and Samsung have a setting that's called something like motion enhancer.
Thursday, February 14 - Heat @ Thunder
Tuesday, February 19 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

User Info: lostnumberwar

lostnumberwar
3 years ago#3
15RC posted...
I never used a Vizio TV before, but Sony and Samsung have a setting that's called something like motion enhancer.

It's called Smooth Motion on Vizio T.V.s turn it on.
And now for something completely the same.

Shiek120
3 years ago#4
15RC posted...

Hmmm...so I checked the manual which has the specs listed...it says it doesn't have Smooth Motion...so I guess I can't actually get that effect...that kind of sucks.
I'm a Celtic.

15RC
3 years ago#5
lostnumberwar posted...
15RC posted...

Correct. Turn off the Smooth Motion Demo if it's on.

15RC
3 years ago#6
Shiek120 posted...
15RC posted...

Hmmm...so I checked the manual which has the specs listed...it says it doesn't have Smooth Motion...so I guess I can't actually get that effect...that kind of sucks.

What model TV?

Shiek120
3 years ago#7
Shiek120 posted...
15RC posted...

What model TV?

I have the M420SL, "42" Edge Lit Razor LED Smart TV"
I'm a Celtic.

User Info: Trifelivin

Trifelivin
3 years ago#8
You can't watch anything at 60fps unless its filmed at 60fps.

Shiek120
3 years ago#9
You can't watch anything at 60fps unless its filmed at 60fps.

I know that, however as being discussed a lot of TV's have smooth motion or equivalents that fill in the frames and provide the illusion of 60fps...not once did I say I WANT 60fps...I just want that illusion, it looks good in some instances.
I'm a Celtic.

User Info: lostnumberwar

lostnumberwar
3 years ago#10
Yeah your T.V. is lacking this feature.
And now for something completely the same.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I bought a 120hz LED TV, watching blu-ray's I don't get that illusion of 60fps

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived