This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop fights to keep used games on PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720

#71gjc2007Posted 2/16/2013 2:18:29 PM
I'd wager to say that out of every single console ever created- none of them died from used game sales.

I'd wager to say that out of every single THING ever created that there has never been an industry that died from 2nd hand markets.

But hey, if people want them to block used games and take a giant chunk out of the industry, whatever. Let the crash come so it can be built up better the next go round.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#72Stanger5150Posted 2/16/2013 2:26:22 PM
GameStop supports publishers more than anyone. Nobody in NA buys more new games.

Who will make up for all those sales if GS disappears?

Big picture, people.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#73scythecamPosted 2/16/2013 2:30:17 PM
Well walmart buys more, but not by much.

Point still stands though, if gs disappears the other big retailers will not pick up all the slack.
---
One-and-Donecos
#74gjc2007Posted 2/16/2013 2:35:16 PM
GameStop supports publishers more than anyone. Nobody in NA buys more new games.

Big picture, people.

Go away. You're bringing logic to a battle of half wits.

Seriously though, expect this to fall on deaf ears. I've been arguing against these people for I don't even know how long. It never changes no matter what you bring to the table. You're arguing against people that don't understand that the money they use to buy a new copy of a game never sees the Developer's (or even the publisher's) pockets.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#75MaliciousMongoPosted 2/16/2013 2:43:01 PM
Let's say Gamestop goes out of business, it will leave a huge power vacuum that will someone else will fill.

Consider anytime you wanna go out and get the latest niche Atlus-published title a couple weeks after release but every jerk-off has already purchased three copies of it so they could sell them on eBay for twice the MSRP. Have fun with that.

Unless publishers come up with their own system where you can, say, mail them back a copy of one of their older games for a credit towards one of their newer ones (ie: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN).

I personally don't trade games at all but people act like a used game on the shelf didn't first happen to be purchased "new" in order for it to end up there.

Like I said, if you have a game you have no reason to hold on to anymore, why wouldn't you wanna take it to GS for a little bit of credit or cash? It's not like the publishers are gonna give you anything for that copy of Dead Space you've had since release day.

Also, without used games, have fun buying the latest over-hyped garbage on release day and being stuck with a $60 coaster.
---
"[The name] Dreamcast makes me think of rainbows and males kissing." - HollowPinky on Nintendo's console name change to Wii
#76NeVaRmoorePosted 2/16/2013 2:51:46 PM
Does no one take into account that a used game was already paid for at one point? The developers and publishers already got their money for it.

If I go to a thrift store and buy a pair of used jeans, am I supposed to send a check to the makers? Capitalism is getting out of hand.
#77spacejamjordanzPosted 2/16/2013 3:08:41 PM
The industry needs Gamestop more than they think. Video game sales are already down. If you cut off the used game market, that could be pretty catastrophic for the industry as a whole.

On the other hand... if the PS4/720 cut off used games.. The Wii U will be #1 by a long shot.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#78darkstar4221Posted 2/16/2013 4:05:34 PM(edited)
realskillz1990 posted...
-lol,please give an example of horrible customer service

- they have promotions that give you a bonus 30-40% sometimes even 50% bonus on games you trade in it's not gamestops fought you think you should be getting 40 bucks for your copy of madden 08 or whatever old piece of crap game no one else wants.

-that last statement of yours was so ignorant your the individual that likes to think everyone is buying a $55 used game ignoring all the other old used merchandise they have majority of my wii collection has been bought from gamestop from various sales saving way more the 50% of the msrp and I check CAG alot and what amazing deals are target having, lol.

- keep it moving sheep, bah bah

I tried to trade in Zero Escape for the 3DS and they only gave me a $9 discount. A game I bought for $40 last November. Their powerup rewards is practically worthless. Gamestop don't really offer anything more cheaper or better then what other retail stores offer, and gamestop specializes in video game. As for used games, I've seen much cheaper ones on ebay and amazon. Most of their used games are barley any cheaper than the new ones. In rare cases, such as your case they will have a good deal now and then but that's becoming harder and harder to find. They use to have good deals for their used games seven years ago. But now they are just a ****ed up company.

The real sheep is someone supports a company with terrible businesses practices. But continue buying off gamestop sheep.
#79NeVaRmoorePosted 2/16/2013 4:33:37 PM
darkstar4221 posted...
realskillz1990 posted...
-lol,please give an example of horrible customer service

- they have promotions that give you a bonus 30-40% sometimes even 50% bonus on games you trade in it's not gamestops fought you think you should be getting 40 bucks for your copy of madden 08 or whatever old piece of crap game no one else wants.

-that last statement of yours was so ignorant your the individual that likes to think everyone is buying a $55 used game ignoring all the other old used merchandise they have majority of my wii collection has been bought from gamestop from various sales saving way more the 50% of the msrp and I check CAG alot and what amazing deals are target having, lol.

- keep it moving sheep, bah bah

I tried to trade in Zero Escape for the 3DS and they only gave me a $9 discount. A game I bought for $40 last November. Their powerup rewards is practically worthless. Gamestop don't really offer anything more cheaper or better then what other retail stores offer, and gamestop specializes in video game. As for used games, I've seen much cheaper ones on ebay and amazon. Most of their used games are barley any cheaper than the new ones. In rare cases, such as your case they will have a good deal now and then but that's becoming harder and harder to find. They use to have good deals for their used games seven years ago. But now they are just a ****ed up company.

The real sheep is someone supports a company with terrible businesses practices. But continue buying off gamestop sheep.

Sounds like your gamestop sucks. Mine doesn't.
#80Stanger5150Posted 2/16/2013 10:43:33 PM
gjc2007 posted...

Big picture, people.

Go away. You're bringing logic to a battle of half wits.

Seriously though, expect this to fall on deaf ears. I've been arguing against these people for I don't even know how long. It never changes no matter what you bring to the table. You're arguing against people that don't understand that the money they use to buy a new copy of a game never sees the Developer's (or even the publisher's) pockets.

So have I man... and for some reason, I keep posting the same thing to those kids, and adults who think like kids.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand