This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do we really need a new Playstation?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do we really need a new Playstation?
3 years ago#1
I'm honestly cool w/ PS3.
3 years ago#2
Yes
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
3 years ago#3
I personally dont think so
---
PSN: pillowpants41
3 years ago#4
I relate to NES, SNES and PS1's longitivty and the fact PS3 still throws down, not all the gaming developers throw down the solid gameplay. I.e- EA (madden 13) Capcom's RE 6.
3 years ago#5
The PS3's lifespan was predicted to be a decade, at best. As with any computer, the hardware is starting to get outdated. For example, there are PCs that can run a huge game like Skyrim at best settings to make it look great, whereas you can see the performance and graphical downscale on PS3 or 360. A next-gen system can alleviate these limitations until the next major leap in technology.
---
PSN: Echidneys | 3DS: 4468 1242 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
3 years ago#6
Granted the tech. Is out there, people will have ADD on systems and need a new one every 2 years.
3 years ago#7
Not at all.

This really feels like moving forward because it's expected, as opposed to needed.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
3 years ago#8
Yeah, I think so. Even some developers think it's time for new consoles.

PS3 will still be supported. If there's one thing Sony does really well, it's support their consoles for many years. PS3 should be no different.
3 years ago#9
I'm 25, I consider myself old school. We don't need flash in gaming, we need substance. I firmly believe the PS3 can go longer.
3 years ago#10
I don't think so. With this current economy I don't think the Playstation 4 will have success so easily.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do we really need a new Playstation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived