This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long are the bioshock games usually, and do they have any replay value?

#1ManjiMidouPosted 2/16/2013 2:35:08 AM
l'm buying bioshock infinite, but l do not know if l should wait a bit longer. l kinda forgot there's some vita games coming out as well that will take my time away.
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#2Jon_GodPosted 2/16/2013 2:36:46 AM
Hmm, depends on how much time you put in, if you try to find/do everything within reason, something like 12-16 hours, if you run right through, probably more like 8-10.

Usually you can't experience every weapon/ability upgrade in one playthough, as well as them having usually 2 endings.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#3ManjiMidou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:38:20 AM
l see. Thanks for the info!
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#4Thermador446Posted 2/16/2013 3:03:30 AM(edited)
I've probably played Bioshock 1 & 2 a half-dozen times each.

bioshock 1 has Survivor difficulty, I wouldn't do it the first time, but it's worth the challenge.

No Survivor difficulty in Bioshock 2 is the biggest flaw, but i've still beat it like 10 times on Hard. It's still fun every time i play. I'd have beaten it 20 times if I had the free time to play it more.

I probably take 10-12 hours to play, but still I hack/search everything(I don't really need to any more, It's just a habit at this point).
I play all games slow, the average person probably finishes games in about 75% of the time it takes me, so 8-10 hours is a reasonable time frame.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#5nouseravailablePosted 2/16/2013 3:38:39 AM
The first Bioshock was awesome. You will probably play it more then once just for the sake of doing so. Keep in mind that, in general, i dont like shooters (except for Perfect Dark, No One Lives Forever etc...).
---
NP: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ni No Kuni and P4Arena
#6theGodPantiesPosted 2/16/2013 3:42:43 AM
It is too long for a PAAGG and NO.
---
FACT: Demon's Souls: rpg of the millennium