This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

help me choose a fighting game for online play

#1AshtonRPG7Posted 2/16/2013 5:59:29 AM
i have UMVC3 i was thinking of getting kof 13 but i heard the online is bad
umvc3 online when 4 or 5 bars is not bad at all, with half bars (3) its very unsatisfactory

which others have good and fair online play
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 2/16/2013 6:02:57 AM
BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena are good choices though i never played online in BB
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#3ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/16/2013 6:09:32 AM
KoF13's online is godawful.

The best netcodes: Persona 4 Arena, Blazblue series, Arcana Heart 3
#4Jack Talk ThaiPosted 2/16/2013 6:27:01 AM
I bought both SSFIV and Mortal Kombat months ago, and have yet to play them...I've been looking at videos of Street Fighter vs Tekken and may pick that up, looks fun. No idea how the online is, though.
---
Hi, Mister Pitt!!!
#5XechsPosted 2/16/2013 6:56:22 AM(edited)
Blazblue and SCV online are leaps and bounds better over MvC3 (ie in terms of lag and netcode). They are really great choices if you are into online portion. Tekken tag 2 is also another fairly solid choice. Niche games like arcana hearts 3 and persona 4A also have amazing online just the community kinda small (everyone jumps back and forward and mostly playing SCV, Blazblue, tekken or Street fighter anyway). beside Street fighter IV and the games I mentioned a lot are far worst then MvC so your choices are limited for good online. KoFXIII is a great game but the online is terrible. it's like 2 bar in MvC3 all the time. so if you thought bar level 3 in that game was unsatisfactory you better not bother with online at all in KoFXIII.

Note that the online is bigger for blazblue CS2 then extended, it's what happens when you segregate the online community. I hope they implement the online better in 3 as they do have some of the best netcode by long shot, they just need to do what streetfighter IV did with their SUPER lineup and you can choose which servers to play on based on expansion.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#6Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/16/2013 7:03:20 AM
Don't bother with Blazblue unless you can find the latest version real cheap. It always has a niche community and they sort of all jump to the next game when it comes (like most Arcsys games), which will be BlazBlue 3 this year.

SCV used to have amazing online play, but one of the patches that combined all of the regional matchmaking into one screwed everything up. You're fine if you're in the right region, but a lot of people in European countries have issues connecting. I can't connect to anyone anymore, even from my own region. It just searches forever. Even if I go directly into a lobby and challenge someone from there, the game just always fails to connect even though the bars are green. The community is a lot lot smaller now and a lot of the people left are American, so if you're not too then you're mostly screwed.

TTT2 and P4A have amazing netcode though and their online communities are still significant.
#7ARMs7777Posted 2/16/2013 7:06:32 AM
wow i didn't know that there are bigger online in BB CS2 then extend. I just assumed people are waithing for BBCP.
#8Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/16/2013 7:09:00 AM
Street Fighter X Tekken is also still very alive, especially since the recent patch that fixed practically everything that was crap about the game. There are DLC characters to buy though.
#9XechsPosted 2/16/2013 7:34:36 AM
SCV used to have amazing online play, but one of the patches that combined all of the regional matchmaking into one screwed everything up. You're fine if you're in the right region, but a lot of people in European countries have issues connecting. I can't connect to anyone anymore, even from my own region. It just searches forever. Even if I go directly into a lobby and challenge someone from there, the game just always fails to connect even though the bars are green. The community is a lot lot smaller now and a lot of the people left are American, so if you're not too then you're mostly screwed.

Man that sucks to hear they screwed europeans, I'm Having a blast with SCV and there are lots of great online tournaments due to it being a great netcode. In fact just prior Jan 13 there was huge persona 4A and soul 5 tournament online followed by the big brother socal and apex tournaments.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier