This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow. Spec Ops the Line is an under-rated gem. Best story since Silent Hill 2 IMO

#1656stoogePosted 2/16/2013 6:30:30 AM
I feel bad for not having supported this day one, but thanks to some ass spoiling it for me on the 360 board it killed all my interest for it.
Having just finished it though, I have to admit that was a mistake on my part, as even though I knew the outcome, the journey was an experience of it's own.

So if you're looking for an over the top action game that treats the player with some respect and offers up an amazing story in the process, then I can't recommend this game enough.
Really powerful stuff.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#2JohnHitman47Posted 2/16/2013 6:35:34 AM
I only played the demo and the only thing stopping me to buy this game its the super accuracy from the demo.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#3anonymous46773Posted 2/16/2013 6:35:37 AM
It was a great game, though aside from the story, it was really generic. Still, I enjoyed it. The ending was very memorable. Also, here's a video on it that is really interesting, because relevance:

(WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlBrenhzMZI
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:44:46 AM
JohnHitman47 posted...
I only played the demo and the only thing stopping me to buy this game its the super accuracy from the demo.

I just watched an Extra Credit video that explained why they might have gone down that road, to make you feel like a badass and contrast with the story, and if they did intentionally do it for this reason then I have to say I'm even more impressed with the game.

I have to say I really enjoyed the highly accurate guns anyway, because it did make me feel like a badass being able to head-shot everyone. And the game gets pretty difficult as you progress anyway, so that serves to counter the accuracy.
---
#5JohnHitman47Posted 2/16/2013 6:48:37 AM
656stooge posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

I just watched an Extra Credit video that explained why they might have gone down that road, to make you feel like a badass and contrast with the story, and if they did intentionally do it for this reason then I have to say I'm even more impressed with the game.

I have to say I really enjoyed the highly accurate guns anyway, because it did make me feel like a badass being able to head-shot everyone. And the game gets pretty difficult as you progress anyway, so that serves to counter the accuracy.

Hm well, i'm going to gamestop maybe on sunday to get RE6 on ps3 this time, well i have to check this game out.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#6656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:59:51 AM
Well, if you're interested in a game that will really make you think and leave you picking apart the story long after you've finished it, then you could do much worse.

I'll also add that this game has by far the best moral choice system I've ever seen implemented in a game, in that it presents you with these incredibly difficult choices naturally, no menu system to choose from, no one telling you exactly what all your options are, and it just lets you react as a player.
---
#7saika_magoichiPosted 2/16/2013 7:02:37 AM
Well, if you're interested in a game that will really make you think and leave you picking apart the story long after you've finished it, then you could do much worse.

I'll also add that this game has by far the best moral choice system I've ever seen implemented in a game, in that it presents you with these incredibly difficult choices naturally, no menu system to choose from, no one telling you exactly what all your options are, and it just lets you react as a player.

Couldn't disagree more. There's only one 'choice', and it doesn't really affect anything. The rest is heavy-handed shoehorning and attempts to wag a finger in your face and scream LOOK AT HOW TERRIBLE YOU ARE AS A PERSON FOR THINGS YOU HAD NO CONTROL OVER! The entire thing is incredibly forced, mediocre, and the same twist has been done much better before.
---
Up, over, and gone! PSN: Saika