This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Final Fantasy VII worth $5.00?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is Final Fantasy VII worth $5.00?

User Info: Bissomoneybags

Bissomoneybags
3 years ago#1
The game is on sale on PSN, and I'm hesitant on whether I should buy it. Played IX, and LOVED the game, VIII I never finished as I found the draw system tedious, and from X-XIII-2, I didn't mind for the most part (X being my favorite). So is it worth the $5.00 price tag? The game always receives extremely controversial reviews, and I would like just an honest opinion of the game. Thanks gamefaqs.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 years ago#2
I played IX and liked it, too, and played as much of VII as I could stand last summer. For $5, it's a steal, but it drags at some point in disc 2. That's after 20hrs, though, so you should get your money's worth out of it, certainly.
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/

User Info: badboy

badboy
3 years ago#3
Maybe.

User Info: DougyB

DougyB
3 years ago#4
It was my first FF game and my favorite, followed by 9.

It is a very polarizing game. I don't see why some people say it's overrated because I love it so much, but hey, everybody is into their own thing. Maybe they just get sick of hearing about it.

But for $5? Yeah it's at least worth the risk. Either way you are only out 5 bucks.
b

User Info: Kaleliskalel

Kaleliskalel
3 years ago#5
yes
When ps3 launched it was banned from export because the processor was so powerful. Tell me again about how powerful you gaming pc is.

User Info: pillowpants41

pillowpants41
3 years ago#6
Ff7 is overrated but don't get me wrong it is a classic. I dont think it aged well but for $5 I recommend it if you havnt played it yet.
PSN: pillowpants41

User Info: RoxasANobody

RoxasANobody
3 years ago#7
I bought FF VII and FF VIII during the sale. It's only ten dollars in total. If you like it, then you'll have a 30+ hour game on your console. If you don't, then you're out five dollars.
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III

User Info: OhHeyltsYou

OhHeyltsYou
3 years ago#8
All of the Final Fantasy games in the PS store are worth the $5. Besides FFI and II.

I'd get as many as you can now before they jack the price up again.
PSN: NaturaIBorn

User Info: Katon

Katon
3 years ago#9
Yes
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)

User Info: realskillz1990

realskillz1990
3 years ago#10
I can understand if a game was 20 or 30 bucks but you make this topic about a 5 dollar game if this is a serious topic for you maybe you shouldn't be buying videogames
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is Final Fantasy VII worth $5.00?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived