This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your thoughts of the God of War Series?

#21Pato468Posted 2/16/2013 1:40:23 PM
The first too on the PS2 felt too long for their own good, they dragged in the middle. Chains of Olympus was ok for a first PSP attemp, God of War 3 was great, and Ghost of Sparta was perfect in everything, specially pacing.

With that said, it's getting kinda stale now, they should let it rest for a while.
#22anonymous46773Posted 2/16/2013 1:41:35 PM(edited)
Amazing game series ruined by having too many puzzles and platforming bits.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#23hyperskate65Posted 2/16/2013 2:30:01 PM
1 - 3 were good. Haven't honestly played any other ones. Probably won't get this one for years.

Not super interested in them. But if I get em, I'll definitely get into it and finish it. Especially cause I like Greek Mythos.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#24scythecamPosted 2/16/2013 2:32:10 PM
Overrated, but not as overrated as the uncharted series
---
One-and-Donecos
#25J5_isAlivePosted 2/16/2013 3:55:17 PM
I'd compare God of War to a premium beer. To someone that likes beer, they love it, but won't convince a different person to like beer if they don't. It does lots of things well, but does nothing the best. Combat is not too complicated, the game is linear and not too deep. For some people, that's a turnoff. Sometimes, it's a good thing.

I haven't finished one yet but I've owned all of them. It's the perfect type of game I need right now. I love deep, complex games with tons of content, but sometimes just need something simple to plow through and beat the crap out of stuff. As a hack and slash with great environments, it's pretty rewarding.
---
And the moral of the story is, appreciate what you've got, because basically, I'm fantastic. - Holly
#26crazyman32Posted 2/16/2013 4:01:14 PM
very good series and yes I have GOW:Ascension pre ordered.I enjoyed the MP beta and will be playing the MP quite a bit along with the SP.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#27Dark_SpiretPosted 2/16/2013 4:05:17 PM
good. not amazing, but good. 1 hasnt aged all that well imo.
#28KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/16/2013 4:19:01 PM
Just a great series. Not one of my favourites but a series that has give me consistent enjoyment across all its games. Solid and great fun.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#29JoveHackPosted 2/16/2013 4:23:54 PM
Square Square Triangle

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#30tigerfoxkillerPosted 2/16/2013 4:30:22 PM
caffiend7 posted...
It was bad ass till 3

fixed it 4 u