This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My phat PS3 YLOD on me and..

#1Supa_SPosted 2/16/2013 2:00:47 PM
I can't get my blu ray disc out :(

I've tried this method but it didn't work

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/YLOD-How-To-Eject-Your-Stuck-Disc/td-p/5419354

Any other suggestions?
#2BukoNuTzPosted 2/16/2013 2:04:09 PM
I used the blowdryer method, YouTube it. It'll give your ps3 10-30 minutes until it ylod again.
---
PSN:BukoNuTz
#3xKirbzPosted 2/16/2013 2:06:06 PM
Buy a heat gun, security screw driver, a normal screw driver, and some arctic silver 5. And search for tutorials on how to fix ylod on youtube. It's easy, trust me!
#4BukoNuTzPosted 2/16/2013 2:06:14 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUaCoimoKTk
---
#5Supa_S(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:10:34 PM
xKirbz posted...
Buy a heat gun, security screw driver, a normal screw driver, and some arctic silver 5. And search for tutorials on how to fix ylod on youtube. It's easy, trust me!

I've seen the method and I dunno, worried I'll screw something up (I always do)

Any specific temperature/setting for the hair dryer?
#6BukoNuTzPosted 2/16/2013 2:12:48 PM
Used the highest setting. This is the cheapest method I know and it will work. Watch the video and it will make a lot of sense. Good luck!
---
#7Supa_S(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:17:22 PM
BukoNuTz posted...
Used the highest setting. This is the cheapest method I know and it will work. Watch the video and it will make a lot of sense. Good luck!

Except he mentioned that something melted inside O_O

Any idea what it is?
#8xKirbzPosted 2/16/2013 2:17:34 PM
Supa_S posted...
xKirbz posted...

Take pictures of what goes where if that's what your worried about. It's very easy if you find the right tutorial. I can't find a video fo you because it's been a while and I know how to fix it myself.
#9BukoNuTzPosted 2/16/2013 2:24:16 PM(edited)
Supa_S posted...
BukoNuTz posted...

Except he mentioned that something melted inside O_O

Any idea what it is?

The plastic vents I believe, This is not a permanent solution, this is just a way to get your disc out. This is really the cheapest solution without opening your ps3
---
#10Supa_S(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:24:16 PM
xKirbz posted...
Supa_S posted...
xKirbz posted...

Take pictures of what goes where if that's what your worried about. It's very easy if you find the right tutorial. I can't find a video fo you because it's been a while and I know how to fix it myself.

How long does it last after fixing it? This is the 2nd time my PS3 has YLOD on me. I had it fixed by a friend (I paid him) but it only lasted a little over a month :(