This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MGR Second Impressions

#1DanMcPosted 2/16/2013 2:19:26 PM
I bought the Zone of the Enders HD collection during my Christmas Holidays. I played the MGR Demo and was very disappointed. I didn't like the gameplay or the controls and when the controls were easy, they were just too simple. (Ninja run is still pretty simple)

Today I read a few topics and felt like I must be wrong, everyone I have talked to enjoyed it and says its an excellent action game. I put the ZOE disc in (so i didn't have to download the demo again) and skipped the tutorial. This game is way more fun than I remembered.

The controls are pretty simple, and the free blade mode helps finish enemies with some flash, and restore your health.

I should have gave it more of a shot, but I did notice one thing. Two out of three play throughs in the game, the game completely froze and I had to power off my system. Has anyone else had this happen?
---
I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?
#2Crimson SkysPosted 2/16/2013 2:20:59 PM
PS3's freeze occasionally, it happens.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3FiendingHardPosted 2/16/2013 2:29:31 PM(edited)
"Ninja Run is still very simple"... so what you want to hold down like 4 buttons or a complicated sequence of button presses just to be able to run?

And don't call the controls simple until you've figured out every combo and moveset in the game/demo. Button-mashing =/= combat is simple.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, Anarchy Reigns, Final Fantasy 9.
#4DanMc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:30:43 PM
Well, no. But I was expecting to have to press the jump button to run up a wall that I'm approaching... It felt like it was on auto pilot.

Also, I know its a demo and I can't confirm it. But it seems like the lightning in the running should be an earned accessory or something.
---
I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?
#5ukokira1Posted 2/16/2013 2:36:50 PM
DanMc posted...
Well, no. But I was expecting to have to press the jump button to run up a wall that I'm approaching... It felt like it was on auto pilot.

Also, I know its a demo and I can't confirm it. But it seems like the lightning in the running should be an earned accessory or something.

Raiden had lightning since MGS4 . He already earned it near the end of that game.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.