This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MGR Second Impressions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. MGR Second Impressions

User Info: DanMc

DanMc
3 years ago#1
I bought the Zone of the Enders HD collection during my Christmas Holidays. I played the MGR Demo and was very disappointed. I didn't like the gameplay or the controls and when the controls were easy, they were just too simple. (Ninja run is still pretty simple)

Today I read a few topics and felt like I must be wrong, everyone I have talked to enjoyed it and says its an excellent action game. I put the ZOE disc in (so i didn't have to download the demo again) and skipped the tutorial. This game is way more fun than I remembered.

The controls are pretty simple, and the free blade mode helps finish enemies with some flash, and restore your health.

I should have gave it more of a shot, but I did notice one thing. Two out of three play throughs in the game, the game completely froze and I had to power off my system. Has anyone else had this happen?
I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
3 years ago#2
PS3's freeze occasionally, it happens.
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
3 years ago#3
"Ninja Run is still very simple"... so what you want to hold down like 4 buttons or a complicated sequence of button presses just to be able to run?

And don't call the controls simple until you've figured out every combo and moveset in the game/demo. Button-mashing =/= combat is simple.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, Anarchy Reigns, Final Fantasy 9.

User Info: DanMc

DanMc
3 years ago#4
Well, no. But I was expecting to have to press the jump button to run up a wall that I'm approaching... It felt like it was on auto pilot.

Also, I know its a demo and I can't confirm it. But it seems like the lightning in the running should be an earned accessory or something.
I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
3 years ago#5
DanMc posted...
Well, no. But I was expecting to have to press the jump button to run up a wall that I'm approaching... It felt like it was on auto pilot.

Also, I know its a demo and I can't confirm it. But it seems like the lightning in the running should be an earned accessory or something.

Raiden had lightning since MGS4 . He already earned it near the end of that game.
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. MGR Second Impressions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived