This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to PSN. Should I buy the Final Fantasy games now or wait for PS4?

#1TotalDominAsianPosted 2/16/2013 2:42:37 PM
I've only beaten Final Fantasy 13, and I've never really played the other ones. I've played a decent chunk of 9 and quite a bit of 10, and I really enjoyed them! (Asian mom made finishing them impossible until I moved out)

My question is... with rumors of the PS4 coming out in less than a year, should I bother buying them now on PSN? Is it a one time download? I'm worried I can't download them on the PS4 again.
---
Close your eyes and dream... Then open your eyes and see.
#2Crimson SkysPosted 2/16/2013 2:44:17 PM
It's not a one time download. After you buy a game you can download it as many times as you want. And eventually when a PS4 does come out (it's gonna be a while), you'll most likely be able to download them to that system as well.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3TotalDominAsian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:50:06 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much! Off to download them now!

Now I just have to do some more research about this PC HD FF7 a friend mentioned before.
---
#4f1madmanPosted 2/16/2013 4:07:29 PM
PErsonally I think the PC version of FF7 is the best due to the mods available.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/16/2013 4:16:49 PM
Backwards compatibility is completely up in the air for PS4, but as long as PSN exists for PS3, you can download it as many times as you want for PS3.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#6TotalDominAsian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:42:05 PM
Odd question. I downloaded the games... but everytime I select the game titles under "games"... it just repeatedly installs them. Where can I actually play them?
---
#7TheDocktor144Posted 2/16/2013 7:26:41 PM
TotalDominAsian posted...
Odd question. I downloaded the games... but everytime I select the game titles under "games"... it just repeatedly installs them. Where can I actually play them?

probably further down the list
#8imsalingawayPosted 2/16/2013 7:31:58 PM
TotalDominAsian posted...

If the icon has a rounded bubble around it, that's the install file. For some reason the Playstation doesn't delete the install files of a bunch of PS1 games. Usually you can just delete the file after (even if it tells you the installed game will be deleted, you'll be fine. It told me the same for all the final fantasies I got) and the installed game will be perfectly fine. As someone said, if worst comes to worst, you can simply redownload the install file.
#9jim200Posted 2/16/2013 7:34:24 PM
@TotalDominAsian

The process is like this with Sony... as long as you are on a PSN device you can download those titles over through consoles.

I don't know exactly how they'll do it with PS4 since the streaming is there but there's a huge chance the store as it is now will still be there and you'll be able to download those games onto your PS4 for play.

An example, you can purchase those games on PS3 now and play them on a Vita as well.

I wouldn't miss out on this sale if you're still thinking about it, FF games aren't on sale at this scale typically.

Hopefully that gives you good info!
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#10TotalDominAsian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 7:55:57 PM
Thanks guys! I figured it out!

One last question... is there a way to transfer save files? You mentioned some of the games being playable on the Vita as well. Can you use the same save file for both consoles? It would be great to play these games on the PS4 as well... but it'd be perfect if the save files could be transferred as well one day.
---