This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

mass effect trilogy questions

#11jrr18Posted 2/16/2013 3:46:44 PM
neurotoxins posted...
are we missing anything good?

All the mass effect 3 DLC Arrival and pinnacle station and the weapon packs for 2. Arrivals OK and The mass effect ones were pretty good. Mass effect is a good game and the ending hate was blown out of proportion.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#12OaklandRaiderzPosted 2/16/2013 3:54:18 PM
Agreed, if you look past the removal of space exploration (no more exploring random planets with the Mako!) and the wacky new characters that add nothing to the experience (seriously, James Vega, the chinese ninja dude and jessica chobot?) and how it feels like a "gears of space: corridor shooter" game, stripped of the few RPG elements that were in the previous games, then yes ME3 wasnt so bad.

just saiyan.
---
wat
#13jrr18Posted 2/16/2013 4:03:24 PM
OaklandRaiderz posted...
Agreed, if you look past the removal of space exploration (no more exploring random planets with the Mako!) and the wacky new characters that add nothing to the experience (seriously, James Vega, the chinese ninja dude and jessica chobot?) and how it feels like a "gears of space: corridor shooter" game, stripped of the few RPG elements that were in the previous games, then yes ME3 wasnt so bad.

just saiyan.

And if overlook the reused buildings that make dragon age 2 like a good example of how not to use the same assets the on dimsional characters and the corridor shooting and the fact that every planet the manko gets dropped on has a low rendered version of the Himalayas then yes mass effect one was the best.
---
PSN jrr101
#14rwfan2cPosted 2/16/2013 4:08:08 PM
James Vega

Yea he was a bad/bland character.

jessica chobot

Kick her off the ship.. i did asap. other then that i got no explanation for her.

chinese ninja dude

Kai Leng Was introduced into the Mass Effect Universe well before the release of Mass Effect 3. I will say his appearance can be seen as a little out of nowhere, but anyone who read Retribution and Deception (Mass Effect Novels) Would have instantly recognized him and it wouldn't have seems so strange. (yes i do know Deception isn't considered Cannon right now, but they are releaseing a version soon that is with the discrepancies fixed.)

space exploration (no more exploring random planets with the Mako!)

I always found that Tedious... so was no loss to me. However the fact that they dumbed it down and separated it as much as possible from RPG's as they could was kinda of irritating.
---
XBOX GT & PSN: thetimeofthe9
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed III, Tera
#15jrr18Posted 2/16/2013 4:09:50 PM
Well at least vega was better then jacob.
---
PSN jrr101
#16steker16Posted 2/16/2013 5:19:09 PM
steker16 posted...
mass effect trilogy is kinda like the three Godfather films. the first two are the best, the third one is a complete blunder that nobody cares about,

so no.

lmao @ the bandwagon hate

ME3 is a great game that only drops the ball in the final few minutes

Agreed. ME3 was amazing. The ending was fine with the Extended Cut. Sure, it could have been better but the other 99% of that game was incredible.

i actually havent replayed the game yet to see the extended cut ending, but i've heard it does help make it better, one day i'll have to do it
---
nomnomnom
#17cavebear56Posted 2/16/2013 5:58:53 PM
OaklandRaiderz posted...

just saiyan.

3 was just more of what 2 offered but less clunky in the gameplay department and better organized with abilities and classes. So it was more polished and as a strike had an ending no less horrid as 2's (that one was way more bland than the last game).

Jacob, Legion (interesting more as a novelty than as a character), Samara...ok for 2 the only interesting characters were those from 1, Kasumi, Mordin and Jack. The rest were just uninteresting as a whole. I do agree about Chobot and Vega though.

The difference between 1 into 2, as far as RPG elements goes, is much larger than 2 into 3.

I enjoyed the Mako but I know I'm in the minority. Mining planets did become tedious by 3.

For me it actually goes 1>3>2 (I loved the RPG elements of one, the better overall story and the exploration. Disliked: Inventory management system was poor, squad members had less developed personal missions and depth and every other building had the same layout).

The best thing about 2 was Shadow Broker which is almost enough to push it on equal footing with 3.

Regardless what makes 3 better than what it would be on its own is carrying over the character from the first game all the way to the end (which the ending wasn't great but it gets way too much flak). Developing the relationships (not just romance) between characters.

In the end it was a great series that despite straying heavily from what 1 was (in terms of gameplay mostly) really is unfairly criticized for the last installment (despite it improving on basically everything 2 did).

/rant

On topic:

Not sure I can be much help for you TC as I don't know myself...sorry.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#18friendlyspiderPosted 2/17/2013 8:05:59 AM
Are all 3 games on 1 blu-ray? Or is it a download + disc?
---
PSN/MGO = friendlyspider
"talking?! during horsehead bookends?!?"
#19thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/17/2013 8:09:42 AM
steker16 posted...
mass effect trilogy is kinda like the three Godfather films. the first two are the best, the third one is a complete blunder that nobody cares about,

so no.

lmao @ the bandwagon hate

ME3 is a great game that only drops the ball in the final few minutes

I concur.
#20mogar002Posted 2/17/2013 8:13:47 AM
ME1 is missing Pinnacle Station which is unavailable for PS3
ME2 is missing Arrival which can be bought off the store
ME3 doesn't have any on disc, they are all on the store.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg