This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would sony copy nintendo when the wiiu isn't even doing that well?

#1marvelite50Posted 2/16/2013 6:16:48 PM
All these people are posting everywhere that sony is gonna steal from nintendo. You would only steal something that has value. It's not like they're gonna look at some piece of **** with a nintendo stamp on it and try to make another one of their own. People act like the wiiu has been some huge success. Would you copy a business move that you have seen fail? Just be smart.
#2William_18Posted 2/16/2013 6:23:04 PM
Just wait until Windwaker HD comes out, and the new Zelda, and Smash Bros, new Mario (not that "New" Mario crap), and so on.

Right now there are no system sellers but by the end of this year it's going to be selling like hot cakes. Sony knows this so they are going to be jumping on the band wagon now to play it safe.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#3chiefofsb78Posted 2/16/2013 6:28:47 PM
What is it to steal from Nintendo that Nintendo havent already stole you mean the iPad i mean the Wii pad controller thing plus alot of other ideas Apple came up with first that Nintendo stole plus games that made them who they are today like Mario and Zelda and many other games they stole
#4Lelouch71Posted 2/16/2013 6:30:59 PM
The 3DS wasn't "doing so well" look where they are now. Hell look at where the PS3 was in the beginning and look at where they are now. Fact is launches all suck. I highly expect the PS4 not to do so well in the beginning either when compared to the 360 or PS3 that is. Right now Wii U just doesn't have the games yet. Kind of ironic considering the message board we're on.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#5Godly_GoofPosted 2/16/2013 6:31:12 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
What is it to steal from Nintendo that Nintendo havent already stole you mean the iPad i mean the Wii pad controller thing plus alot of other ideas Apple came up with first that Nintendo stole plus games that made them who they are today like Mario and Zelda and many other games they stole

.... So many things wrong with this post. I don't even think its worth addressing at all...
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#6cavebear56Posted 2/16/2013 6:33:58 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
The 3DS wasn't "doing so well" look where they are now. Hell look at where the PS3 was in the beginning and look at where they are now. Fact is launches all suck. I highly expect the PS4 not to do so well in the beginning either when compared to the 360 or PS3 that is. Right now Wii U just doesn't have the games yet. Kind of ironic considering the message board we're on.

This.

Only the delusional or the fanboys (ok so they're both the same) falsely believe otherwise.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#7Wiiplayer111Posted 2/16/2013 6:34:10 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...

Nintendo came up with the gamepad in 2006, before Apple's boom, and tablets existed before that. And they definitely didn't steal Mario and Zelda, especially not from Apple.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#8SolarJamPosted 2/16/2013 6:37:14 PM
Lelouch71 posted...

This. Things will pick up. Honestly, I would rather Sony not copy.
---
For BlackOps 2, PASBR,Uncharted 3,Top 10s, Sonic Racing: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCoolGaming
Top 10 Games that Need Sequel: http://youtu.be/PcWC1T5uIgg
#9brycemorrPosted 2/16/2013 6:44:27 PM
Everything Ive seen from Nintendo has been coping Sony.

Motion Controls: Sony was the first with the PS Eye for PS2. Not very meny games supported the Eye but was in a sense the first montion controller. Microsoft for some odd reason has the Kinect using much of the same stuff as PS Eye. While Nintendo used an IR Beam and a controller.

Remote Play: Another Sony First with connectivity for the PSP and the PS3 and later the Vita. While Nintendo just has it for there WiiU tablet and you have to be close to the system. While using the Internet you can use your PSP or Vita to hop on your PS3 at home while your out of town. Another feature that Microsoft is also looking to capitalize on this with their Smart Glass apps for their tablets.

And If your thinking Sonys coping Nintendo based on the leaked prototype controller your wrong. Theres a difference between a touch screen and a touch pad.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#10Stanger5150Posted 2/16/2013 7:19:45 PM(edited)
brycemorr posted...
Everything Ive seen from Nintendo has been coping Sony.

Motion Controls: Sony was the first with the PS Eye for PS2. Not very meny games supported the Eye but was in a sense the first montion controller. Microsoft for some odd reason has the Kinect using much of the same stuff as PS Eye. While Nintendo used an IR Beam and a controller.

Remote Play: Another Sony First with connectivity for the PSP and the PS3 and later the Vita. While Nintendo just has it for there WiiU tablet and you have to be close to the system. While using the Internet you can use your PSP or Vita to hop on your PS3 at home while your out of town. Another feature that Microsoft is also looking to capitalize on this with their Smart Glass apps for their tablets.

And If your thinking Sonys coping Nintendo based on the leaked prototype controller your wrong. Theres a difference between a touch screen and a touch pad.

The Eye was NOT the first motion control device! Where do people get this s***?!

The Power Glove came before the PS Eye
There was a motion control device for the Genesis as well

Le Stick, for Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 was the very first!

Does Sony fanboyism make people ignore video game history? Next, people will be saying the PlayStation was the first console to use CDs.

Actually, some people already believe that! These are some things I've actually seen here:

Sony had the first motion control device
Sony had the first BC console
Sony were the first to use discs
Sony was the first to use connectivity with portables (wrong. Nintendo was the first with GC/GBA connectivity)
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand