This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop hate

#1uwishuwereme17Posted 2/16/2013 11:51:12 PM
Why all the GameStop hate on here? My local GameStop is awesome I'm really cool with the manager and when ever there's extra goodies involved with new releases he usually looks out for me.
#2warrenmatsPosted 2/16/2013 11:53:57 PM
Some Gamestop employee's are terrible.

One guy didn't let me buy a game unless I preordered another game. it was ridiculous.
---
:D
#3CorathTheHungPosted 2/17/2013 12:05:28 AM
Their return policy completely contradicts their sales practices. I bought a game as NEW, with no shrink wrap and a laughable clear sticker as a "seal". On the back of their receipt, it says new games can only be returned for full refund if they AREN'T opened.
#4Jx1010Posted 2/17/2013 12:50:21 AM
Im not even gonna say... someone tell TC
#5torch00Posted 2/17/2013 12:56:53 AM
I've had nothing but good experiences with Gamestop and their employees. People wanting to see them go out of business and have many lose their jobs is a bit harsh.
#6enigma2274Posted 2/17/2013 1:03:09 AM
torch00 posted...
I've had nothing but good experiences with Gamestop and their employees. People wanting to see them go out of business and have many lose their jobs is a bit harsh.

This
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
#7crazyman32Posted 2/17/2013 1:07:37 AM
warrenmats posted...
Some Gamestop employee's are terrible.

One guy didn't let me buy a game unless I preordered another game. it was ridiculous.

I have never experienced anything like that at my local Gamestop.I get along great with the manager and other employees there and they know their games.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#8Hucast9Posted 2/17/2013 1:09:28 AM
uwishuwereme17 posted...
Why all the GameStop hate on here? My local GameStop is awesome I'm really cool with the manager and when ever there's extra goodies involved with new releases he usually looks out for me.

They lie by telling you that an opened game is new. Also, a lot of times they sell you games with missing items, scratches, or dust on it when it's supposedly new. I just got around to playing the Witcher 2 which I bought a few months ago for real cheap. It is only now when I noticed that the game is missing an outer sleeve. They sold me Okami once with a bunch of dust on it when it was supposedly new. When I clean the dust off the PS2 disc, the dvd becomes ruined. There are also the lies that they tell you when you buy a game that is supposedly their last copy, but when you exit the store another last copy magically appears on their shelf. They get well deserved hate because they treat customers like dogs.
#9crazyman32Posted 2/17/2013 1:09:54 AM
enigma2274 posted...
torch00 posted...

This

I agree if you don't want to shop there then don't but,leave other people alone if they choose to shop there.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#10AwayFromHerePosted 2/17/2013 1:29:03 AM
My local Gamestop doesn't hire people with any video game knowledge, at all.

I went in to get God of War Origins Collection, guy said, 'Xbox, right?' I said, 'No, PS3.' He said, 'You sure?'

More recently, I went to pick up GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE Wii game Xenoblade Chronicles, and they, 3 people, had no idea it was a Wii game.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.