This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop hate

#11CloneTheHeroPosted 2/17/2013 1:21:32 AM
I don't understand it either.

I've never had a bad experience with gamestop employees, they're quite helpful actually. No need to throw the entire gamestop franchise under the bus because you allegedly got "ripped off" or whatever your excuse is. I've read some pretty bogus stories on here concerning gamestops customer service, most of it is comes off as stuck up and whiney. Not every gamestop has ****y customer service.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f, Gran Turismo 5, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83
#12MaplesGrandGMPosted 2/17/2013 1:22:15 AM
Actually, they are overall deplorable. However, if you go in, knowing your own stuff, and tell them not to bother with their garbage, you'll be fine. They take advantage of the weak willed customers who don't have a clue what they are doing, and this generation of gaming provides plenty of customers like that.

If you are even the slightest bit unsure of something, they can take advantage of you. Don't buy "new" opened copies, simply refuse to do so. Say "Sorry, I won't be buying an opened copy of a game as new, even if it's a display item." If you want it that badly say "I'll pay for it at used price, under used policy, or I'll just go elsewhere." Which they will probably just let you go elsewhere, because some other idiot will buy it.

In that, case, if you want new, you hit up Amazon, or go to one of your local BestBuy or Wal-mart. If it's brand new, even with their poor selection of games, BestBuy and Wal-mart (Target, w/e local stores you have), will likely have the game. If it's older, you should be shopping online anyway, as you'll like find it cheaper there.

If you get played with at Gamestop, it's really only your fault.
#13Thor61Posted 2/17/2013 1:26:19 AM(edited)
I don't go to Gamestop often because I don't live close to one, but I remember I bought a used copy of Xenosaga when I was traveling to a city with my family. Then when I got home it froze at the first cutscene with no way to advance the game and I was too far away to return it.
#14BurgerTime79Posted 2/17/2013 1:32:31 AM
CorathTheHung posted...
Their return policy completely contradicts their sales practices. I bought a game as NEW, with no shrink wrap and a laughable clear sticker as a "seal". On the back of their receipt, it says new games can only be returned for full refund if they AREN'T opened.

You bought it new, it was opened. They put the sticker on it to seal the game to proof whether or not you open it. By taking that sticker off, you've opened the game, and it's now open product. If you try and return that game with the sticker intact, then you'd be able to return it for a full refund. The return policy doesn't contradict anything. You're just nitpicking and finding something to complain about in order to increase the constant "They opened a game!!! RAGE!! Don't like the store!!" bull that people love to spew because it's the popular thing to hate on that store.

Here's the thing no one wants to understand. You can REFUSE to purchase that game! Or, you can as for a shop worn discount. It exists.

Sorry people, but most of the hate that store gets, it's exaggerated. People find one thing wrong, like an employee who accidentally asks "Which system?" when you ask for an exclusive, and the complaint is that the entire company is incompetent.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#15DolphLundgrennnPosted 2/17/2013 1:35:20 AM
the only bad experience I've had with the GameStop I've been going to for over 5 years is that they didn't give me the special edition of dark souls when I've preordered it already.

one guy asked what system did I want to preorder the last of us on but I usually know what I want and tell them no when they tell me about preorders.

I haven't encountered being sold open new copies of games yet.
#16killakPosted 2/17/2013 1:37:41 AM
Why all the GameStop hate on here? My local GameStop is awesome I'm really cool with the manager and when ever there's extra goodies involved with new releases he usually looks out for me.

Well duh.... you're in good with the manager. Of course you're going to have good shopping experiences.
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#17BurgerTime79Posted 2/17/2013 1:43:24 AM
DolphLundgrennn posted...
I haven't encountered being sold open new copies of games yet.

I've had them tell me it's the last copy, and I've flat out told them "No, I'm not purchasing open product. If you don't have a sealed copy, then I'm not buying it."
This usually results in "Sorry, it's all we have" or "Let me check the computer and see which other store nearby has one.". I've never seen anything along the lines of "Oh look, there is one left. Here you go.". Which would happen if the claim that they sell used copies as new and then put another one out on the shelf as new when I leave was actually true. It's not. It's another make up line from the anti Gamestop fad.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#18AgitoXIIIPosted 2/17/2013 2:05:53 AM
I just don't like how they always BOMBARD YOU with asking to preorder this and that. I almost cussed a clerk out for begging me to preorder something. No I'm serious.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#19killakPosted 2/17/2013 2:07:09 AM
I just don't like how they always BOMBARD YOU with asking to preorder this and that. I almost cussed a clerk out for begging me to preorder something. No I'm serious.

I'm sure they're happier risking the odd irate customer, rather than losing their job over performance criteria
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#20crazyman32Posted 2/17/2013 3:15:17 AM
AgitoXIII posted...

You have issues if you are going to drop f bombs at the sales clerk.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.