This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Infamous one, install to psp?

#1MaplesGrandGMPosted 2/17/2013 2:10:30 AM
So, I just got done downloading Infamous, and it's telling me I can transfer it to my PSP. No, actually, that's the only thing it's letting me do. >_<

I know this isn't actually possible, so wth is this, and how do I fix it? Hopefully someone knows. I've been away from the PS3 for a while, due to circumstances I had no control over, and I really hate the new PSN, and if this is a glitch from it, I hate it even more.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
#2AzurexNightmarePosted 2/17/2013 2:17:28 AM
what the HELL are you talking about
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
Creator of the popular Ameno Sagiri and Friends
#3brycemorrPosted 2/17/2013 2:20:13 AM
Wow infamous 1 on the PSP. No its not actually possible to install while you can download the install file on the PSP.

Ive done it meny times prior to me getting a Vita. that install file needs to transfer to the PS3 as it is a PS3 game not a PSP.

At least the good news is if you have a PS3 you got a game to play now.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#4Stanger5150Posted 2/17/2013 2:27:50 AM
1. Since it was a welcome back program offer, it is no longer in the store. I assume that is when you first downloaded it. If you purchased it before the blackout, same deal.

2. Use your download list in the account management portion of the XMB. You'll know you're in the right place because the old PS Store layout will be visible.

3. Download it from there, not from the store. It will work if done this way. For some reason, the PS Store version of the download list is messed up when it comes to PS3 offers from the Welcome Back program.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#5MaplesGrandGM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:28:18 AM
AzurexNightmare posted...
what the HELL are you talking about

I don't know bro, maybe you should get a brain. I wouldn't be that rude if you even tried to help, but you're apparently illiterate, thus I have no appreciation for your existence.

I download Infamous 1, to my PS3 from the PSN. It won't let me install it to my PS3, it'll only allow me to transfer it to a PSP, which I don't even have atm, Infamous isn't even FOR the PSP, so I don't understand this error.

Also, wth? You can still download corrupted file? Why have they not fixed that yet? The new PSN sucks, and downloading from the PSN still sucks. Guess I still have to redownload 15 gig files multiple times before they finally work.

I know the sound of this post, but I'm not a troll, and I'm not hating. I'm a Sony fan, I just wish their PSN worked right.
#6ImpulseDOMPosted 2/17/2013 2:29:06 AM
TC is saying that he has downloaded infamous in his PS3. When he clicks the bubble to install it, it tells him he can connect a PSP to transfer.

My suggestion; delete the downloaded file and re download.
---
PSN: ImpulseDOM-
http://i56.tinypic.com/ev9ngy.jpg
#7Stanger5150Posted 2/17/2013 2:31:03 AM
Just do what I suggested...
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#8MaplesGrandGM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:39:23 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
1. Since it was a welcome back program offer, it is no longer in the store. I assume that is when you first downloaded it. If you purchased it before the blackout, same deal.

2. Use your download list in the account management portion of the XMB. You'll know you're in the right place because the old PS Store layout will be visible.

3. Download it from there, not from the store. It will work if done this way. For some reason, the PS Store version of the download list is messed up when it comes to PS3 offers from the Welcome Back program.

Yeah, that's how I downloaded them first, was from my download list. When I went to install it, I saw it had a like... yellow tab to the bottom left of it, while Infamous 2 and Darksiders did not. Then when I go to install it, it just tells me I have to transfer it to a PSP system, which makes no sense. I can get around the new store just fine, I just think that it's not very smooth at all, "laggy" as some would say.

Then Infamous 2 and Darksiders came out corrupted so... gotta re-download them too. I'm trying Infamous 1 again atm, see if that comes out right.

Thank you for the info though. Funny, before I had to get rid of everything, I had all 3 of these games on disc. Infamous 2 and Darksiders hit PS+ afterwards, so I had a friend grab them from my account for me to make sure I had access (thought it'd be longer till I got a PS3 again, but work is going really well.) Anyways, I'm saddened to come back to things still basically as glitchy as before I left.

I bought Darksiders 2 the other day from BestBuy, and it's the only game I have on disc atm, but I never fully finished Darksiders, so I'd like to do that first...
#9Stanger5150Posted 2/17/2013 2:47:52 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

Yeah, that's how I downloaded them first, was from my download list. When I went to install it, I saw it had a like... yellow tab to the bottom left of it, while Infamous 2 and Darksiders did not. Then when I go to install it, it just tells me I have to transfer it to a PSP system, which makes no sense. I can get around the new store just fine, I just think that it's not very smooth at all, "laggy" as some would say.

Then Infamous 2 and Darksiders came out corrupted so... gotta re-download them too. I'm trying Infamous 1 again atm, see if that comes out right.

Thank you for the info though. Funny, before I had to get rid of everything, I had all 3 of these games on disc. Infamous 2 and Darksiders hit PS+ afterwards, so I had a friend grab them from my account for me to make sure I had access (thought it'd be longer till I got a PS3 again, but work is going really well.) Anyways, I'm saddened to come back to things still basically as glitchy as before I left.

I bought Darksiders 2 the other day from BestBuy, and it's the only game I have on disc atm, but I never fully finished Darksiders, so I'd like to do that first...

If you're using the XMB download list, this should not be happening. You should not be opening the Store at all. It's only the games from the Welcome Back program that have this issue (Infamous, LBP, Wipeout, and Super Stardust). Your other games, and the PS+ stuff don't apply.

Click "account management" and go to your download list WITHOUT opening the store. This isn't about store menu navigation. This is a known problem that specifically applies to those four games.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#10MaplesGrandGM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:49:51 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

If you're using the XMB download list, this should not be happening. You should not be opening the Store at all. It's only the games from the Welcome Back program that have this issue (Infamous, LBP, Wipeout, and Super Stardust). Your other games, and the PS+ stuff don't apply.

Click "account management" and go to your download list WITHOUT opening the store. This isn't about store menu navigation. This is a known problem that specifically applies to those four games.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. Alright, I'll give that a try, thank you for the information. Hopefully it doesn't come corrupt.