This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forget Capcom,I want review sites like Destructoid(Jim S)admit they were wrong

#31theGodPantiesPosted 2/17/2013 4:02:50 AM
killak posted...
DmC is a good game.

What's your point?

---
FACT: Demon's Souls: rpg of the millennium
#32stav8Posted 2/17/2013 4:34:24 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
killak posted...
DmC is a good game.

What's your point?

It's an atrocious addition to the franchise though.

Get a grip its better than 1 and most certainly 2 and 4. If you think DmC is bad iyo devil may cry is a bad franchise.
#33FulvipPosted 2/17/2013 4:34:26 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
a lot of the people who reviewed DmC didnt play the classics or weren't fans.. I even read reviewers stating this

Most people who reviewed the game didn't even finish the their own review.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#34MaplesGrandGMPosted 2/17/2013 4:48:07 AM
BurgerTime79 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Valkyria Chronicles and Okami didn't sell well, they must be horrible games.

Both games don't have a big history their buddy, their new IPs, if you wanna make a point at least give it more than 3 sec to type it let alone think of a good argument

Ah ok, so if it has an established fanbase, it's not allowed to ever change or else it's instantly bad, and everyone has to hate on it? Gotcha.
Wait........

You're complaining over games that aren't bad, but everyone is raging over because they're different. On top of that, it's Capcom you're complaining about. The one Company that has more copy/pasted made up complaints, over exaggerations and misunderstandings that Gamestop has.

Um, actually yes, if it has an established fanbase, you shouldn't change it too much, cause your established fanbase is what makes the game. If you have such a fanbase to begin with, it means it was fine as it was, and changing it instantly kills the franchise a majority of the time. This exact scenario has been repeated over and over, not even just in gaming. It's common practice NOT to alienate the original fanbase, to do so is just poor business, and companies suffer from it all the time, no matter if the changes are good or bad, the fact that there is such change puts off the fanbase.

Capcom is known for killing it's franchises for no reason, or putting them off. Megaman, Breath of Fire, Resident Evil, DMC, I'm sure the list goes on. Not to mention going over-board with their DLC. Capcom is despised overall. At this point, they can't really do anything right.

In fact, people like you are simply trolling for suggesting that it's okay to betray your fanbase, cause it's not. It's not acceptable business. There are companies that maintain IP's that they take over, so that they don't alienate the customer base.
#35RyuuHou25Posted 2/17/2013 4:48:25 AM
The point TC is making (which seems to have eluded most posting here) is that reviewers attacked those who were complaining about the game for various reasons, and stating that despite the hate and all, the game would sell well.

The game is not selling well despite the hate. It's great that people who have it, are enjoying it, but you're quite obviously in the minority and may be a bit on the reassurance path there or wearing the ever so popularly termed "fan boy goggles"

I've seen people start to claim that DmC is a "niche" game and that's why it isn't selling well......DMC franchise has never been a hugely popular seller, but it sure as hell is not niche.

Reviewers should give their opinion on the game.....and perhaps respectfully and neutrally comment on the fact that said game had a lot of negative buzz due to this or that.

Because like it or not, we have freedom of speech people, you're allowed to love something and praise it, you're also equally allowed to hate something and express that feeling and opinion just as much.

People need to learn to deal with it, and if they don't agree, simply ignore it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#36KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/17/2013 5:17:17 AM
killak posted...
DmC is a good game.

What's your point?

It is a great game I love it just as much as 1 & 3 and its better than 2 & 4. And yes, I own and have played and completed every game in the series.

I just do t get caught up over a few changes. Look past them, have an open mind and you will start to enjoy a very good game.

Get worked up over what a few reviewers think is a little sad TBH.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#37mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 5:19:58 AM
XMonkeySniperX posted...

Okami is a horrible game. It sickens me that I had to buy it to find that out, thus giving it a sale it didn't deserve.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#38FulvipPosted 2/17/2013 5:23:25 AM
mjc0961 posted...
XMonkeySniperX posted...

Okami is a horrible game. It sickens me that I had to buy it to find that out, thus giving it a sale it didn't deserve.

Okami is the game future Zeldas should be modeled after, and the best of its type.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#39BowtiesAreCoolPosted 2/17/2013 5:31:27 AM
A game should be reviewed for what it is, and not what it is compared to the older games in the series.
And the game is good. Better than all DmCs released so far. Old Dante was a door.
#40killakPosted 2/17/2013 5:40:12 AM
The point TC is making (which seems to have eluded most posting here) is that reviewers attacked those who were complaining about the game for various reasons, and stating that despite the hate and all, the game would sell well.

For one, Jim Sterling's review doesn't even mention the game selling in any fashion.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........