This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony wanted MS to announced first but is "unveiling" now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony wanted MS to announced first but is "unveiling" now?

User Info: AgitoXIII

AgitoXIII
3 years ago#1
How is that again? How do we know (or think) there unveiling a new system soon? Why aren't they waiting till E3?

Is E3 THAT pointless now? lol
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.

User Info: co1onel

co1onel
3 years ago#2
People lie all the time. This is something you should have learned in kindergarden.
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif

User Info: rofflchopper

rofflchopper
3 years ago#3
People are assuming that's what they're announcing.

That's all.

I'm not saying that's not what it is, but really no one knows.
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.

User Info: thesnoopmeister

thesnoopmeister
3 years ago#4
Please don't tell me you think Sony has an actual plan.

User Info: STN79

STN79
3 years ago#5
E3 is always when they announce new consoles. Makes no sense at all to reveal PS4 now.
I still think it's something else. Wouldn't it be a riot if they announced a merger with Nintendo? LOL i'd be rolling on the floor laughing histerically! Come on Feb 20th and put an end to all this speculation nonsense!

User Info: _The_Hitcher_

_The_Hitcher_
3 years ago#6
STN79 posted...
E3 is always when they announce new consoles. Makes no sense at all to reveal PS4 now.
I still think it's something else. Wouldn't it be a riot if they announced a merger with Nintendo? LOL i'd be rolling on the floor laughing histerically! Come on Feb 20th and put an end to all this speculation nonsense!

Consoles are almost never announced at E3. E3 is where they tend to announce release dates and prices but the system itself is usually announced beforehand. The event is a PlayStation Meeting, the last one was for the Vita announcement and the one before that was for PS3, the name of the event alone is enough to strongly imply it is a PS4 announcement.
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360

User Info: killak

killak
3 years ago#7
Sony never once said, absolutely, that they wouldn't reveal before MS
The cure for the corporate review!
www.classicgameroom.com

User Info: AgitoXIII

AgitoXIII
3 years ago#8
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
STN79 posted...

Consoles are almost never announced at E3. E3 is where they tend to announce release dates and prices but the system itself is usually announced beforehand. The event is a PlayStation Meeting, the last one was for the Vita announcement and the one before that was for PS3, the name of the event alone is enough to strongly imply it is a PS4 announcement.

ic ic. That makes sense. But I guess there earlier comments a month ago were just... being mouthy? Not to mention IGN has photos of some prototype PS4 controller.
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 years ago#9
rofflchopper posted...
People are assuming that's what they're announcing.

That's all.

I'm not saying that's not what it is, but really no one knows.

Yeah, true. Still, everyone will be so mad if the PS4 isn't revealed on the 20th. Even if the 20th is just an announcement for the unveiling. Imagine Sony going: "At E3 of this year, we will reveal the successor of the Playstation 3."
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: _The_Hitcher_

_The_Hitcher_
3 years ago#10
AgitoXIII posted...
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
STN79 posted...

ic ic. That makes sense. But I guess there earlier comments a month ago were just... being mouthy? Not to mention IGN has photos of some prototype PS4 controller.

Oh who knows? Could be a last minute change of plan or a deliberate red herring to try and get some people to wonder what could be shown on the 20th or any number of things. It being a PS4 announcement is pretty much beyond debate at this point though and that's what matters, especially with that (likely deliberate) leak of the prototype controller.
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony wanted MS to announced first but is "unveiling" now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived