This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony wanted MS to announced first but is "unveiling" now?

#11STN79Posted 2/17/2013 3:26:56 AM
They revealed PS3 at E3 2005 and Wii U at E3 just last year. Now what was that about never anouncing consoles at E3? Why'd Sony say there's no reason to go first if feb 20th is the reveal?
#12EoinPosted 2/17/2013 3:28:06 AM
It's weird how so many people think that the PS4 may not be announced on the 20th (it definitely will) because of some off-hand remark from Sony. They may have been lying. They may have been trying to convince Microsoft that nothing was up and they should ignore all the very obvious console-launching signs. They may have been convinced that Microsoft would announce something before the 20th, and they may even still believe that. Who knows?

One thing that that single remark doesn't do is change the fact that the PS4 will be announced on the 20th.
#13STN79Posted 2/17/2013 3:31:44 AM
Says the guy who works for Sony. It's interesting how all this so called proof comes from "sources". Nevermind that these are not Sony sources. Sony hasn't confirmed anything yet you people are so certain.
#14EoinPosted 2/17/2013 3:34:12 AM
STN79 posted...
Says the guy who works for Sony. It's interesting how all this so called proof comes from "sources". Nevermind that these are not Sony sources. Sony hasn't confirmed anything yet you people are so certain.

There's no "proof". There's just an enormous (and growing) pile of evidence that leads to the unavoidable conclusion that the 20th is the PS4 announcement. It's ludicrous to believe anything else.
#15FulvipPosted 2/17/2013 3:35:52 AM
So Sony makes people think it will take a while to announce and then BAM! it's here, so raise the hype.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#16_The_Hitcher_Posted 2/17/2013 3:37:01 AM
STN79 posted...
They revealed PS3 at E3 2005 and Wii U at E3 just last year. Now what was that about never anouncing consoles at E3? Why'd Sony say there's no reason to go first if feb 20th is the reveal?

I said they're almost never, trying to pick out instances of it happening doesn't disprove anything I said. I don't know why you're arguing so intently against this being the clear and obvious PS4 reveal that it is. I gave 2 possible reasons for why they said that but how am I supposed to know for sure? All that matters is that there is too much evidence that it will be announced then for some remark that was never followed up on to really matter.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#17STN79Posted 2/17/2013 3:39:25 AM
So what if it is? Not like you'll be able to buy the thing for nearly a year anyway. All this hype and you can't play it for quite a while yet. Plus if it's on the internet it must be true right? No media website has ever made up stories to gain views and get people speculating.
#18stav8Posted 2/17/2013 3:42:15 AM
Wouldnt suprise me if it was a playstation branded tablet gaming device. I dont think nothing next gen will be announced until next year
#19TauriLeaderPosted 2/17/2013 4:15:49 AM
I am getting deja vu over that article.

I remember a year or 2 ago the exact same thing was said. I thought this article was just someone digging up old stories.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#20Spetsnaz420Posted 2/17/2013 4:43:46 AM
stav8 posted...
Wouldnt suprise me if it was a playstation branded tablet gaming device. I dont think nothing next gen will be announced until next year

Vita would like a word with you
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420