This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't fathom that Darksiders 2 bombed...

#1TheDon1981Posted 2/17/2013 4:41:50 AM
I've been playing it for days, and it's honestly the best adventure game this gen.
GoW3 has nothing on it... and I am speaking as a fan of GoW.

Only problem I have encountered until now is that it's too easy, even for hardest difficulty.

I really hope Vigil gets to make more games, this is a gem right here.

Get it for a bargain on EU PSN. Like 20 quid including all DLC.
---
LBP2 levels:
Paper Scissors Rock Championship - Mortal Kombat 9 - Ultimate Deathmatch
#2Impaired MedicPosted 2/17/2013 4:44:47 AM
They spent too much money developing it. Consider yourself fathomed.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#3stav8Posted 2/17/2013 4:46:02 AM
Vigil games are done bro. No longer exist majority of staff now work at crytek and have already said theyre not gonna pursue darksiders. Only hope now is if an indie dev stumps up the cash to buy the franchise from the administrators
#4FulvipPosted 2/17/2013 4:47:09 AM
stav8 posted...
Vigil games are done bro. No longer exist majority of staff now work at crytek and have already said theyre not gonna pursue darksiders. Only hope now is if an indie dev stumps up the cash to buy the franchise from the administrators

P* were thinking about buying the franchise. A Darksiders game by them would be awsome.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#5RyuuHou25Posted 2/17/2013 4:50:01 AM
It didn't bomb, but it also didn't sell phenomenally well like they were hoping. Not enough to pull the company out of the hole it had dug itself into over the years.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#6TheDon1981(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:16:55 AM
It's a shame.
It's beautiful, artistic and epic.
Gameplay is pretty good too.

If GoW3 had a market to be successful, so should this.
A shame marketing and brand has so much to say...
---
LBP2 levels:
Paper Scissors Rock Championship - Mortal Kombat 9 - Ultimate Deathmatch
#7Mass_CarrierPosted 2/17/2013 5:51:39 AM
It was so boring, oh my god.
---
Don't just post youtube links. Say what the **** they are.
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png
#8Terry-bogardPosted 2/17/2013 6:26:10 AM
Darksiders 2 was nice , good gameplay , nice visual and all but it was strangely boring after a few hours.
The story and characters were just not interesting enough.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#9chiefofsb78Posted 2/17/2013 6:26:21 AM
Darksiders will never be better than any GOW game where do you think they got the idea from GOW is the KING of hack in slash games Darksiders 2 was a good game cant believe it didnt sell well enough either
#10BigReedPosted 2/17/2013 6:28:31 AM
It was a game that surprised me, and I could really see the Darksiders franchise being a massively success AAA game. I was shocked when nobody attempted to buy the franchise off of THQ.

Anyway, the game still needed some polish. There were tons of little things that brought the game down, that could have been easily fixed.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran