This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't fathom that Darksiders 2 bombed...

#51nihilist212Posted 2/18/2013 4:10:43 PM
One of my favorite series this gen. I really hope a good developer picks this series up.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#52hijokaidenPosted 2/18/2013 4:14:04 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
-Awful story

I thought the story of Darksiders was pretty childish and silly, but at least it had some hold on the gameplay, while in Darksiders 2 its just there for the sake of having a story in the game, even though its barely there and doesnt have much hold on the overall gameplay.

--Bugs

To be frank I dont remember encountering any particular bugs, but then again I started playing it November 2012 on PC.

--Overly long

Problem is not that its long, games that are fun you want them to be long, Darksiders 2 on the other hand is a repetition of tedius tasks with no real incentive to keep you interested...
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#53marsh90Posted 2/18/2013 4:36:03 PM(edited)
chiefofsb78 posted...
Darksiders will never be better than any GOW game where do you think they got the idea from GOW is the KING of hack in slash games Darksiders 2 was a good game cant believe it didnt sell well enough either

Devil May Cry 3 and Bayonetta say Hi. Are we talking quality of the game or units sold?
#54nihilist212Posted 2/18/2013 4:38:16 PM
marsh90 posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
Darksiders will never be better than any GOW game where do you think they got the idea from GOW is the KING of hack in slash games Darksiders 2 was a good game cant believe it didnt sell well enough either

Devil May Cry 3 and Bayonetta say Hi. Are we talking quality of the game or units sold?

I wonder if people know how incredibly lame it is when they say things like "so and so say hi".
---
#55marsh90Posted 2/18/2013 4:42:19 PM
nihilist212 posted...
marsh90 posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...

I wonder if people know how incredibly lame it is when they say things like "so and so say hi".

No, u. Anyways, Darksiders 2 is one of my fav games this gen so at least we agree on that. :p

*brofist*
#56BLAZE_92XPosted 2/18/2013 4:42:44 PM
Terry-bogard posted...
Darksiders 2 was nice , good gameplay , nice visual and all but it was strangely boring after a few hours.
The story and characters were just not interesting enough.

This

* Coming from a huge dark siders one fan*
---
http://i.imgur.com/njbwxoN.jpg
#57nihilist212Posted 2/18/2013 4:44:50 PM
marsh90 posted...
nihilist212 posted...
marsh90 posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...

No, u. Anyways, Darksiders 2 is one of my fav games this gen so at least we agree on that. :p

*brofist*

Yes, we sure can. I'm just horrified no one picked it up. Someone needs to, the story line and potential for sequels is better than lots of other series out there.
---
#58IKnowGameFuPosted 2/18/2013 4:48:46 PM
I don't think it was as good as the first. Too much looting, worse story, worse bosses. The only thing better was the deeper combat techniques, even though that doesn't really matter because the same attacks you had in the first dungeon will get you through the majority of the game since the enemies don't really require any strategy or skill to beat.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#59marsh90Posted 2/18/2013 4:53:40 PM
IKnowGameFu posted...
I don't think it was as good as the first. Too much looting, worse story, worse bosses. The only thing better was the deeper combat techniques, even though that doesn't really matter because the same attacks you had in the first dungeon will get you through the majority of the game since the enemies don't really require any strategy or skill to beat.

Some people (like me) love playing around with different moves and making awesome combos. You can tell I'm a DMC3 fan loool.
#60nihilist212Posted 2/18/2013 4:56:06 PM
IKnowGameFu posted...

I will say I wasn't a real fan of the looting aspect. I mean if you upgraded a possessed weapon properly, it would take a long time before you found a weapon that could come anywhere near it's overall strength.
---