This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sad days now since you can barely trust " User Written' reviews

#1zerooo0Posted 2/17/2013 6:06:35 AM
Used to I could trust them, but lately with all of these fiasco's now theyre just as bad as some of the "professional reviews". Some gamers these days. Kinda makes me sad to be considered one.
---
I do typing exclusively on my Tablet, so expect errors in my posts. At least until I get my new Laptop.
#2RaymondPosted 2/17/2013 6:09:33 AM
Made me sad that you read reviews to buy games.
---
Spoiler is plot element, not your ignorance.
#3chiefofsb78Posted 2/17/2013 6:12:01 AM
Raymond posted...

^^This^^ i could care less what someone else think of a game i buy games based off my own reviews
#4_The_Hitcher_Posted 2/17/2013 6:15:40 AM(edited)
Raymond posted...

So what, we should base purchases entirely on gameplay footage and marketing spiel? Not every game gets a demo, and out of those that do many fail to give a fair indication on the quality and length of the actual game. Reviews are an important part of the tapestry of things that people should consider before buying a game and to discount them completely is rather naive.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#5ExtremeLightPosted 2/17/2013 6:14:45 AM
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
Raymond posted...

So what, we should base purchase entirely on gameplay footage and marketing spiel? Not every game gets a demo, and out of those that do many fail to give a fair indication on the quality and length of the actual game. Reviews are an important part of the tapestry of things that people should consider before buying a game and to discount them completely is rather naive.

But you're taking someone else words for it. That someone have a completely different view than you.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#6jammiesPosted 2/17/2013 6:16:21 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...
Raymond posted...

^^This^^ i could care less what someone else think of a game i buy games based off my own reviews

How much less?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#7chiefofsb78Posted 2/17/2013 6:18:22 AM
jammies posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
Raymond posted...

How much less?

A 100% less than TC does
#8_The_Hitcher_Posted 2/17/2013 6:42:28 AM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
Raymond posted...

So what, we should base purchase entirely on gameplay footage and marketing spiel? Not every game gets a demo, and out of those that do many fail to give a fair indication on the quality and length of the actual game. Reviews are an important part of the tapestry of things that people should consider before buying a game and to discount them completely is rather naive.

But you're taking someone else words for it. That someone have a completely different view than you.

So you read multiple reviews, get a wider view on the matter. I never said to decide whether to buy a game or not based on whether the first review you read tells you to or not but rather that in order to gauge whether you should buy it or not you should at least consider what people who have played it have to say.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#9Marnex15Posted 2/17/2013 6:23:53 AM
Metacritic user scores and reviews are a complete joke. Everything is either a 0 or a 10 in there. Black or white. No middle ground whatsoever. Barely anyone even remotely tries to keep some type of sane objective outlook on anything.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#10kingrat2314Posted 2/17/2013 8:22:45 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...
Raymond posted...

What? How do you review a game before you buy it? This is a paradox.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.