This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sad days now since you can barely trust " User Written' reviews

#31_The_Hitcher_Posted 2/17/2013 2:48:45 PM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
I'm in my 20's and perfectly free-willed.

You can't be free willed and base your gaming purchases on written reviews at the same time, you're not buying/not buying the game because you want to, you're buying/not buying the game because the reviews tell you to.

Free willed is buying it if you want it regardless of what others say about it.

I have bought games regardless of what the reviews said, it doesn't mean I wasn't still able to read the reviews. It amazes me how often this needs saying but it isn't a matter of taking every word of a review as fact or not reading them at all as if they're somehow evil or something. If a game gets unanimously bad scores then there's generally a reason, if the reasons given in the reviews turn me off the game then I may decide against buying it depending on how interested I was, a good example being Duke Nukem Forever. On the other hand high reviews may get me to notice a game I was otherwise indifferent to and, depending on what the reviews said, it may make me want to buy it. They're a source of information that can be very helpful when trying to gauge whether a game would be right for you or not.

Every branch of the entertainment industry has reviews, even restaurants get them, if they're as totally useless as you claim why do they prevail in so many mediums?

I also take it from your decision to pick out one line from my response that you have no counter-argument for the rest of it?
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#32riddlebox89Posted 2/17/2013 2:55:35 PM
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
I also take it from your decision to pick out one line from my response that you have no counter-argument for the rest of it?

No more like it's just the same tired crap you've been saying for the past few hours, there's no point in countering it if you're just going to keep spouting the same garbage over and over again.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#33_The_Hitcher_Posted 2/17/2013 3:00:33 PM
Calling it "garbage" doesn't make it invalid, you're just ignoring it because you have no response, it's obvious.

Just as a reminder all I've been saying is there is no harm in reading a review to help you decide, in conjunction with other things, whether you would enjoy a game or not. You're saying that's it's better to make that decision based solely on gameplay footage regardless of how accurately it depicts the actual game or to even make that decision without any knowledge of the game at all than it is to even look at a review, do you honestly believe that?

Your entire argument has been that reading a review means you can't have your own opinions, that's quite obviously false and I'm sure you know that.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360