This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There's only one way I'd buy a PS4.

#31ExtremeLightPosted 2/17/2013 2:47:06 PM
Lol at all the people sayng Xbox will sue Sony for party chat.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#32riddlebox89Posted 2/17/2013 2:53:35 PM
ExtremeLight posted...

They have a patent on party chat, they have the right to sue Sony if they don't want them putting something they have rights to on something they don't want it put on.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#33ExtremeLightPosted 2/17/2013 3:02:35 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

They have a patent on party chat, they have the right to sue Sony if they don't want them putting something they have rights to on something they don't want it put on.

Lol. Except Sony could find a way around. Techinally, we can chat (text chat room) cross game just not with mic. And they probably won't make it work like party chat.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#34riddlebox89Posted 2/17/2013 3:05:15 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Lol. Except Sony could find a way around. And they probably won't make it work like party chat.

Oh that's a great idea...except that there's really only one way it could work.

Are you like really young or did you just not get a passing grade in reading comprehension?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#35midgarPosted 2/17/2013 3:19:58 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...

Pretty sure I was using things like TS on PC well before party chat on XBL. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Whatever patents they have aren't
on the simple ability to chat with other people using the same device, they're probably very specific and won't affect anything. LOL if you think otherwise.

In fact, if they could strike a deal with Ventrillo or TS to have it tied into their service so you could even talk to PC users, it would be incredible, especially
with more games likely featuring cross-console/platform play. Unless you can site something specific about the patent that is less vague than it's patented...

lol
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#36AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/17/2013 3:18:54 PM
midgar posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Pretty sure I was using things like TS on PC well before party chat on XBL. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Don't expect anything from riddlebox89 but continuous defending of MS while trying to maintain his "mature" persona.
#37LaventorPosted 2/17/2013 3:19:02 PM
midgar posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Pretty sure I was using things like TS on PC well before party chat on XBL. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Add to that that there's multiple voice comms on pc. It's likely they all have patented in one way or another. They all just do it differently.

It's like saying one company has patented a touchscreen for a phone, so no other company is allowed to have that. Yet a lot do, and use it differently.

As long as Sony makes it even slightly different from Microsoft there will be no patent issue.