This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About the PS4 streaming PS3 games through a cloud service...

#1DarthLaharlPosted 2/17/2013 8:23:05 AM
You know, I could actually see this cloud service going to replace BC... Think about it, put a PS1/PS2/PS3 disc into the PS4, the PS4 reads the disc, sends the disc code/data to the server, server acknowledges and stream using old games stored on the server, the player gets to play his old games.... Sony doesn't have to spend anything major on porting the old games to the new system or including a BC feature in it which saves them and us from an expensive price tag.....

It's a win-win situation and a brilliant idea as well... The only thing holding back is the user's bandwidth...

That would be awesome, But this is Sony were talking about so... no. That won't happen.
---
PSN: Unretributed
#2lambchipsPosted 2/17/2013 8:33:17 AM
Lets hope they improve their online services, otherwise theres no point in streaming games as it look look like poop
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-the-cloud-is-coming-home
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#3NicoGrimmPosted 2/17/2013 8:33:24 AM
It'd still probably take them years to actually get anything decent on the Cloud. Not to mention any obscure titles will likely never even make it.
Then, there's of course the games Sony doesn't own anymore, or companies simply don't want there.

It's better than nothing, sure. But not as good as true BC.
---
Thou shalt not hide stakes in my shrubbery.
#4dragonleader33Posted 2/17/2013 9:21:10 AM
If it includes everything on the PSN store now then they are off to a good start at least. They need to add a buch of classic PS2 stuff on there. Hopefully answers will be given in 3 days.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonleader33
PSN:dragonleader33 Clan: K!Z Co-Leader
#5__Curley__Posted 2/17/2013 9:25:58 AM
It sounds good, but works terribly. See: Onlive

It will be especially bad in countries with sub-par internet like The United States
#6Godly_GoofPosted 2/17/2013 9:26:02 AM
Why do people think this is a good idea? It's the second stupidest thing that Sony's done since talk of banning used games.

Hey remember those PS3 games you already own? Well if you want to play them again insert the disc and pay us more money to get the stream active, and then watch as your bandwidth is devoured for content on a disc! And spotty Internet or slow or bad Internet connections? Too bad!
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#7ottothecat2003Posted 2/17/2013 9:37:01 AM
__Curley__ posted...
It sounds good, but works terribly. See: Onlive

It will be especially bad in countries with sub-par internet like The United States

Maybe you did it wrong, but I tried Onlive a few times and it was always excellent. Not as flawless as local rendering, but it was playable for sure.
---
Scientists dedicate their lives to the people of a world which demonizes them while reaping the benefits of medicine, technology, transport, and agriculture.
#8StriderNemesisPosted 2/18/2013 4:22:39 PM
Except PS1 and PS2 BC will probably be achieved via software emulation. PS1 is already 100% software emulated on the PS3.
#9MikeugamePosted 2/18/2013 4:41:02 PM
I was thinking some uses of gaikai would probably have ps+ games being stream from gaikai while games you buy would be downloaded to hdd.
---
I'm just saying