This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unbiased answers please help me..

#1Darkstorm16Posted 2/17/2013 9:29:53 AM
I wish there was more of a universal forum for all systems...but I suppose give it a shot. I was writing a wishlist of games I'm interested in and while the WiiU is in its prime (there are games i admit I love but it's not out yet both on vc and on the system itself), I hated wii and it's controls. I currently have the 3DS and a DSlite which means I can play GBA also (which I love). There's a huge system gap I'm missing the last consoles I loved were the PS2 and the Gamecube but money reasons...I prefered handheld..the systems died out I want to go back into the console ring. The only issue here is both time and money.
I mean I love games but I also love manga, comic books , some regular books...if you can find any good fantasy anymore and movies. So anyways I was looking the WiiU only has 1 exclusive I love (not a Zombie fan), was thinking of getting a Vita ...that has about 10 exclusives I like, PS3...that's where I drooled, originally Kingdom Hearts 3 was going to be my excuse to ever get it...but it's not out...sadly but a KH 1.5 is just as good since my PS2 broke...and I sold my KH collection (foolish I know, I regret and learned), but when I saw Ni no Kuni and other RPGS like that style I admit I would love to get that, but my question is IF i was to focus my time on that, 3ds, dslite and gba would that be good enough? I'm the type of person who loves to replay games over and over >.<.
I'm still interested in the WiiU but I want to see more than 1 game I like to come out. Where would you draw the line? Over all I'm interested in PSP (despite they are hard to find in my town...even used game stores that still have Gamecube games), Vita, PS3, WiiU, 360,...maybe a used Gamecube would be awesome. I really hope to keep playing the games for 10 years even if say the games no longer are available (like I did with N64). I'm mostly interested in T-rated games (despite the fact I'm 24 -_-;), cartoony, samurai beat 'em ups, platformers, horror (mostly a Silent Hill person), Arcade Shoot 'em ups.
Sorry for writing a novel here.
---
Own a Vita, your a troll, own a 3ds, your a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#2mogar002Posted 2/17/2013 9:30:13 AM
wall of text
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3este914Posted 2/17/2013 9:30:42 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I wish there was more of a universal forum for all systems...but I suppose give it a shot. I was writing a wishlist of games I'm interested in and while the WiiU is in its prime

I stopped reading there
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#4Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 9:32:07 AM
I dunno how to simplify >.<. Basically unbiased...what would you stick with?
I have:
GBA
DS
3DS

I would like:
used Gamecube
WiiU
PS3
Vita
PSP
---
Own a Vita, your a troll, own a 3ds, your a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#5ExtremeLightPosted 2/17/2013 9:32:44 AM
And you want to play games ... over and over?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#6Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 9:35:55 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
And you want to play games ... over and over?

I have...I played Klonoa 2 for the GBA 13 times, Kingdom Hearts 2 I would say a good 5 times, I get games to enjoy and replay otherwise it just feels like I'm buying to show off -_-;
---
#7Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 9:37:24 AM
I mean I probably would go for the PS4...if I knew it was backwards compatible and I could enjoy games like: Ni no Kuni, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Collection, Dynasty Warriors, Katamari, Okami HD, Kingdom Herts 1.5
---
#8ExtremeLightPosted 2/17/2013 9:39:47 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I mean I probably would go for the PS4...if I knew it was backwards compatible and I could enjoy games like: Ni no Kuni, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Collection, Dynasty Warriors, Katamari, Okami HD, Kingdom Herts 1.5

I seriously doubt ps4 will be BC.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#9Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 9:42:01 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...

I seriously doubt ps4 will be BC.

damn >.<, well I can also play games on a PC...so if I did a setup of a PS3 and PC....just wondering if that would cover all my taste. For some reason I feel mentioning WiiU dropped my credibility...despite the fact that I tried the system at gamestop and loved the control, love the Mario...but that does not mean it's a sell mark to me yet.
---
#10don_juan_darkoPosted 2/17/2013 9:42:16 AM
360/PS3
2 very similar systems, but I have an honest feeling you could go more safely for the PS3 especially if you are interested in a handheld to go with it.

PSP/VITA
PSP does have a large backing of games, including a lot of SquareEnix RPGs.
VITA has yet to have such a collection, but hopefully in the future if it doesn't fail.

Note: PSP can be purchased brand new from Amazon for $99

WiiU
Avoid it for now, it's overpriced and like you said, it only has 1 exclusive you want to play.

GameCube
Decent library of games, it really depends on the exclusives you wanted to play. You had the PS2 right? You probably played ports of many of the 3rd party games in the past.

Are you interested at all in PSN downloadable games? If you like Final Fantasy you can actually buy the PS1 Classics of most of them and transfer them to the PSP/VITA. That might be something you want to check out.