This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC flops, hard.

#101true_gamer80Posted 2/17/2013 8:55:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#102EroyumePosted 2/17/2013 8:56:20 PM
I'm not too interested in the reasons, but good luck fighting that battle. The long-time fans have voted with their wallet, and the GoW crowd didn't bite.

When the dust settles, I want to know what Capcom plans to do with the series. Where is my press release?
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#103USFPosted 2/17/2013 9:14:59 PM(edited)
RoxasANobody posted...
snip.

Just to be clear, I was stating why I didn't like the game. I do not speak for anyone else but myself.

The way I see it, the old DMC was nothing to write home about when it comes to the story or dialogue. It had cheesy moments but they worked for what the game was trying to accomplish. Here we have Tameem coming out saying his game will rival the best in theatre and movies and break the myth that stories can't be good in video games but at the end we get this? Really? Also for a big bad evil demon, I think trying to control the world through debt and soda is lame, worse than any other DMC previously.

The difficulty thing: this game on harder difficulties is still easy, especially when compared to the previous games in the series. I was never a pro DMC player don't get me wrong, but I enjoy challenge and I love harder games. When people don't get challenged things become boring (yet CoD is doing well still, mind boggling.)

Music: Totally opinion I agree. I'm not a fan of dubstep, and I didn't find it fitting in this series but that's for me to judge right? I'm not judging if everyone likes dubstep, don't care if they do, doesn't affect me. For me it wasn't the right choice.

Either way, it is what it is. Glad we could agree on some things. =P
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#104drointhewindPosted 2/17/2013 9:47:15 PM
I hate COD as much as the next guy but I gotta admit they give their audience exactly what they want. It makes sense, make things people will like and they will buy it. Im not a business genius.
I like that DmC flopped because for the longest time now the people that have supported the franchise for YEARS have been ignored, as if we will buy it regardless. Well too bad, you must try harder
---
On DLC: ""You know what would make this better? Paying more money."- Cracked.com
#105OtakuGameraPosted 2/17/2013 9:58:39 PM
All of those are excuses. The hate began, with his appearance and when they rectified it, all these other "issues" popped up.

there wouldnt be an issue had the game not have them
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#106TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/17/2013 11:15:34 PM
You can't make something work in a market that hates it. Look at the Xbox 360 sales in Japan.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#107RoxasANobodyPosted 2/17/2013 11:41:32 PM
USF posted...
Just to be clear, I was stating why I didn't like the game. I do not speak for anyone else but myself.

The way I see it, the old DMC was nothing to write home about when it comes to the story or dialogue. It had cheesy moments but they worked for what the game was trying to accomplish. Here we have Tameem coming out saying his game will rival the best in theatre and movies and break the myth that stories can't be good in video games but at the end we get this? Really? Also for a big bad evil demon, I think trying to control the world through debt and soda is lame, worse than any other DMC previously.

The difficulty thing: this game on harder difficulties is still easy, especially when compared to the previous games in the series. I was never a pro DMC player don't get me wrong, but I enjoy challenge and I love harder games. When people don't get challenged things become boring (yet CoD is doing well still, mind boggling.)

Music: Totally opinion I agree. I'm not a fan of dubstep, and I didn't find it fitting in this series but that's for me to judge right? I'm not judging if everyone likes dubstep, don't care if they do, doesn't affect me. For me it wasn't the right choice.

Either way, it is what it is. Glad we could agree on some things. =P

I can see that you're very level headed when it comes to your response, thankfully. I wish I could get these responses more often. I try to give everyone that same respect right off the back, but then they retort with some common insult.

I was actually agreeing with you on the difficulty. It's unbelievably easy even when you get to DMD. The only "difficult" thing about it is that they spawn a bunch of annoying enemies together whereas in previous iterations they would make standard enemies become more difficult. I guess they did do the same thing (?) but because you were in the air for 70% of this game, you never really had to fear anything.

As far as music goes, we're also at an agreement there. It's great that you liked the music in the older series and/or that you disliked the newer one. I'm definitely not going to go on a rant about how "Everyone should just like the game and like dubstep, UGH." Again, I have no right to tell anyone that they should enjoy it or they should not.

You mean to say that there was some common ground between our opinions and instead of bickering and nitpicking, we were able to get to a conclusion like civilized human beings? Preposterous, I must now make a joke about your mother or about how you live in a basement or how you get no girls/guys, etc.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#108USFPosted 2/18/2013 9:45:45 AM
RoxasANobody posted...
You mean to say that there was some common ground between our opinions and instead of bickering and nitpicking, we were able to get to a conclusion like civilized human beings? Preposterous, I must now make a joke about your mother or about how you live in a basement or how you get no girls/guys, etc.

A civilized conversation on Gamefaqs??? How despicable of us. While you proceed insulting my mother I shall then remind you that you lack the life we all have and you are nothing but a nerd on a video game forum when in reality we all are. Hah.

Oh Gamefaqs, you know it's a weird site when civilized conversations and discussions are rare to find. GG Roxas. :)
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#109AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:11:55 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
You can't make something work in a market that hates it. Look at the Xbox 360 sales in Japan.

Yeah, but DmC also flopped in the US, UK and Europe.
#110nightstalker92Posted 2/18/2013 3:57:57 PM
BurnsideGX3 posted...
It kind of sucks that it was blindly bashed, despite the great reviews and gameplay...

But damn, the fanboys... They sure know how to boycott. It goes to show that you must put your fans first and not try to be something else. Hopefully capcom learned their lesson, which im sure they haven't, because look at the crap they've been pulling as a company lately. but one can hope some sort of lesson was taught.

However, I must say this. If you are one of the people who blindly hated this game because it wasn't Dante, which I hate the new look and feel too. Just try this game used or when its extremely cheap. Put aside your hatred and if it helps to buy used and not give money to the creator (although gamestop much worse). You will see that this is a good game for what it is.

Kind of sad that you place reviews before gameplay.