This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC flops, hard.

#61SolKarellenPosted 2/17/2013 3:37:16 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
SolKarellen posted...
Resident Evil 4: OMG, this isn't survival horror, this is stupid mindless action game too much shootingsanfongdg"

DmC: OMG, why does Dante have brown hair and is equally as corny as the previous Dante oiejfnonoiafion".

Street Fighter 3: "Omg, this game doesn't have Ryu and those other characters most people don't remember from SF2 olfksnkff. Kill fighting game genre for almost ten years because it's not SF2!"

Capcom cannot catch a break when it tries something new.

I thought SF3 didn't have Chun Li, which was a major character and huge franchise favorite... Thats like a KOF game with out Mai.... Oh Wait.... That game did well too!

/Sarc

As for your other ignorant examples, look at where those series have landed? Dead in the ****ing water and complete cash cows with no dignity left.
Yes, because SF4 is dead when it's the cornerstone of any fighting game community, and AE 2012 is one of the most balanced fighter games you can get. Shut up.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#62IChangedMyNamePosted 2/17/2013 3:39:53 PM
SolKarellen posted...
Yes, because SF4 is dead when it's the cornerstone of any fighting game community, and AE 2012 is one of the most balanced fighter games you can get. Shut up.

No, dude, you shut the hell up. Your not even responding coherently.

Read your post before you respond. You look more ignorant with every post you make.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#63CyhortI82Posted 2/17/2013 3:42:36 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
steker16 posted...
poor babby, it must suck to live a life where you get butthurt over video games

Gaming is a huge thing now. It's a massive industry and video games are now a main media source. It's some people's lives and definitely at least an important hobby for others. There's nothing wrong with people getting emotional over their hobby. It just shows that they care. It's not childish because this isn't Play-Doh we're talking about.

Wow, This is the smartest thing I've ever seen posted on the internet. Not even joking. I'm so glad there's someone else out there that actually gets this.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#64Devil_wings00Posted 2/17/2013 3:45:30 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
steker16 posted...
poor babby, it must suck to live a life where you get butthurt over video games

Gaming is a huge thing now. It's a massive industry and video games are now a main media source. It's some people's lives and definitely at least an important hobby for others. There's nothing wrong with people getting emotional over their hobby. It just shows that they care. It's not childish because this isn't Play-Doh we're talking about.

haha ya people obsessing over sports, movies or books? Perfectly fine for grown adults. Video Games? Grow up.

Some bro can name the team members of every NFL team and there stats? that's fine. Someone can name the materia from ff7? Nerd, Geek, virgin etc.

Funny how societal BS works.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#65dj___rollPosted 2/17/2013 4:02:11 PM
Quote:Twinmold posted...
It's not childish

Don't kid yourself. the vast majority of the talk that goes on here is spoken by children. It's childish by definition.

I didn't say that people aren't acting childish about the situation. I just said that the act of being strongly emotional over a video game isn't childish.

@Bestia_Somnia
Just emotionally immature? I'd get being moved by the experience or story, but to be so stupidly angry/hurt/frustrated that game X isn't exactly how you wished it was is a bit ridiculous.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#66Kilik212Posted 2/17/2013 4:09:40 PM

Again, I don't care about DmC, I'm just glad Crapcom for once, might actually realise that ignoring the original fanbase of a franchise is not really a good idea.

If the mess that is the Resident Evil franchise is anything to go by then I don't think Capcom gets it
#67Impaired MedicPosted 2/17/2013 4:13:34 PM
SolKarellen posted...

Maybe because what they're trying is bad. I know, difficult concept to grasp.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#68RayconPosted 2/17/2013 4:19:54 PM
Impaired Medic posted...
SolKarellen posted...

Seriously, you'd think they get the hint with the colossal backlash that ensued when the game was announced. And the backlash that continued throughout the ENTIRE development cycle.

But no no, Capcom was determined to see it through to the end and capture this imaginary audience of casual gamers. Forget the ones that you can depend on, by all means...
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#69GuardianShadow0Posted 2/17/2013 4:22:54 PM
Outright insulting the fans and the original series didn't help. The Capcom hate has been building for a while and is starting to show. I enjoyed DmC, but it's not as good as the original. The hair color has nothing to do with the hate either.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94&feature=fvw
#70FulvipPosted 2/17/2013 4:32:16 PM
Raycon posted...
Impaired Medic posted...
SolKarellen posted...

Seriously, you'd think they get the hint with the colossal backlash that ensued when the game was announced. And the backlash that continued throughout the ENTIRE development cycle.

But no no, Capcom was determined to see it through to the end and capture this imaginary audience of casual gamers. Forget the ones that you can depend on, by all means...

For me the funniest thing about the whole process is that in 2010 when NT developing DmC was still a rumour, Capcom said DMC5 would be tailored for fans. And then, Donte struck.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore