This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC flops, hard.

#91USFPosted 2/17/2013 8:40:10 PM
killak posted...
Yes let's completely ignore the god awful story, the dialogue and script that felt like it was written by a 14 year old, the **** easy difficulty of the game, the color coded enemies, the uselessness of guns, the simplified and casualized combat which was a huge step backwards, the lack of lock-on, the wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub music etc... It's all about the hair, that's the only reason this game flopped.

All of those are excuses. The hate began, with his appearance and when they rectified it, all these other "issues" popped up.

It started with those, the majority of "haters" got over the looks of Dante. The game has bigger issues than just his looks. You can deny that all you want, the game is a step (more actually) backwards for the series and people refused to pay for **** they didn't ask for.

Yes excuses, hah please. All legit complaints for people who didn't want to spend money on this. People spend their hard earned money on things THEY believe are worth, for them this game wasn't. It's as simple as that.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#92Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/17/2013 8:41:43 PM
The game bombed, end of story.

If whatever valid arguments fans brought up in the 2+ years of this game's development cycle can fall upon deaf ears from people who think that the only issue here is with the new Dante's hair, then whatever can be said in the game's favor can be dismissed because the game bombed.

That only seems fair.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#93killakPosted 2/17/2013 8:43:00 PM
It started with those, the majority of "haters" got over the looks of Dante. The game has bigger issues than just his looks. You can deny that all you want, the game is a step (more actually) backwards for the series and people refused to pay for **** they didn't ask for.

What a dumb thing to say about an industry that is created by people who think up their own ideas. Of course you didn't ask for it. You don't ask for any game, we buy what we want to buy.

"oh, madden is rubbish. I sure as hell didn't ask for it"

And got over it? LMAO, it wasn't until around 2 weeks before it's release that people finally clicked and saw that the characters face wasn't based off Tameem. Got over it........yeah okay.

Yes excuses, hah please. All legit complaints for people who didn't want to spend money on this. People spend their hard earned money on things THEY believe are worth, for them this game wasn't. It's as simple as that.

Then it only means that the game isn't worth it to them. It doesn't mean it's a bad game in any sense.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#94Battleship_GrayPosted 2/17/2013 8:46:26 PM
killak posted...
Yes let's completely ignore the god awful story, the dialogue and script that felt like it was written by a 14 year old, the **** easy difficulty of the game, the color coded enemies, the uselessness of guns, the simplified and casualized combat which was a huge step backwards, the lack of lock-on, the wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub music etc... It's all about the hair, that's the only reason this game flopped.

All of those are excuses. The hate began, with his appearance and when they rectified it, all these other "issues" popped up.

His appearance was the first and only thing to go on initially. As more information became available then more issues cropped up beyond Dante's looks.

There ARE some legit issues people have with the game.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/ http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#95USFPosted 2/17/2013 8:49:31 PM(edited)
killak posted...

What a dumb thing to say about an industry that is created by people who think up their own ideas. Of course you didn't ask for it. You don't ask for any game, we buy what we want to buy.

"oh, madden is rubbish. I sure as hell didn't ask for it"

And got over it? LMAO, it wasn't until around 2 weeks before it's release that people finally clicked and saw that the characters face wasn't based off Tameem. Got over it........yeah okay.

Then it only means that the game isn't worth it to them. It doesn't mean it's a bad game in any sense.

You obviously keep missing the point I'm trying to make. No one is talking about a random guy not asking for Madden then complaining it's there, I'm talking about the fanbase complaining about the things I mentioned, sure some weren't seen until the game was released but a lot of them were. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I'm done with you, live in your little denial world all you want, I'm not wasting any more of my time.

Either way, it flopped. Great news.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#96utsusuzeroPosted 2/17/2013 8:52:56 PM
killak posted...

All the hate began with the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3.

Actually, I hate every Crapcom's decisions since then.
#97Battleship_GrayPosted 2/17/2013 8:54:06 PM
I like MvC3.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/ http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#98killakPosted 2/17/2013 8:55:24 PM(edited)
His appearance was the first and only thing to go on initially. As more information became available then more issues cropped up beyond Dante's looks.

There ARE some legit issues people have with the game.

I'm more than happy to consider any legit issues, provided they can bring them forth as a point of discussion, and not surround it with "lol"

You obviously keep missing the point I'm trying to make. No one is talking about a random guy not asking for Madden then complaining it's there, I'm talking about the fanbase complaining about the things I mentioned, sure some weren't seen until the game was released but a lot of them were. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I'm done with you, live in your little denial world all you want, I'm not wasting any more of my time.

Either way, it flopped. Great news.

Sig.
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#99RoxasANobodyPosted 2/17/2013 8:55:20 PM
USF posted...
TheJabberw0cky posted...
I have a feeling that all this butthurt comes from the fact that dante was redesigned...

Yes let's completely ignore the god awful story, the dialogue and script that felt like it was written by a 14 year old, the **** easy difficulty of the game, the color coded enemies, the uselessness of guns, the simplified and casualized combat which was a huge step backwards, the lack of lock-on, the wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub music, their PR process and the way they kept insulting both the franchise and the fanbase etc... It's all about the hair, that's the only reason this game flopped.

dialogue and script - I loved the game, but I cringed every time an edgy line came up. I thought to myself, "The only people I know IRL who would say this are people who think their Hondas are the s*** because they installed a new muffler."

god awful story - While it wasn't great, it was an improvement over what was happening with the original series. DMC3 brought us back to Dante's roots, but then we had a massive jump with DMC4 when Capcom introduced a new character with little-to-no background. Granted, if we had a proper DMC5, most of that would've probably been explained and the story would've been okay. The biggest problem with the original story is that no one knew what the f*** to do with it.

easy difficulty - without the cutscenes, I was able to beat Easy and Normal in about ten hours. In the HD collection of DMC3:SE [granted, I had the original DMC3 and the SE for the PS2], I breezed through Easy, Normal, and halfway through Hard in six hours. Easy in DMC3 required a maximum of three hits to kill one enemy. The difficulty in DmC is no different than the past games [until you get to SoS and DMD - that's where the previous games were obviously more difficult].

the music - That's where no one's opinion matters. If you like dubstep, good for you. If you like the music in the older games, good for you. There's no reason to knock on a genre of music. "You like those sounds in your head? WOW UR STOOPID." is what I hear whenever someone complains about a certain genre of music.

Those are the only "problems" I had with your arguments. From the rest of what I read, I agree with what you said. The combat is toned down. Enemies will no longer attack off screen. Although it was a huge pain in the ass in the previous games, it added difficulty to the game. Many people tend to defend the "no lock on" system, but they probably never made it to DMD and/or HoH. Need to grab onto that Witch over there? TOO BAD. Most of the problems are usually solved by enemy stepping over the wrong enemy you grabbed, but it did become unreasonably annoying in the later difficulties.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#100Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/17/2013 8:55:22 PM
I've won this argument because I say I've won this argument!
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif