This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Greeeeeat another MMO!!!

#1bigdeezPosted 2/17/2013 1:56:26 PM
Destiny was looking good, until they made it an MMO and not a single player experience. Every single player game is getting multiiplayer so why cant every multiiplayer game get single player?
---
Brother Seamus? Like an Irish monk? -- The Dude
#2BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/17/2013 1:58:55 PM
You only have to be online, I'm pretty sure you can play by yourself if you want to and there is no monthly fee.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#3private400Posted 2/17/2013 1:59:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4UniversquallPosted 2/17/2013 1:59:48 PM
BizzaroMurphy posted...
You only have to be online, I'm pretty sure you can play by yourself if you want to and there is no monthly fee.

Yes there is.
---
After the Fallout
#5BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/17/2013 2:00:25 PM
Universquall posted...
BizzaroMurphy posted...

Yes there is.

Source?
---
Hooch is crazy.
#6bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:02:04 PM(edited)
there is not going to be a story mode for single player. So whats the point? Run around like a dufus? Single player games are all thats left in this world for my enjoyment, and slowly they are being taken away........
---
Brother Seamus? Like an Irish monk? -- The Dude
#7FoolMeNeverPosted 2/17/2013 2:02:38 PM
It's an FPS, correct?

I have no problem with this. I don't think I've ever played an FPS' campaign.
#8AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/17/2013 2:03:01 PM
bigdeez posted...
there is not going to be a story mode for single player. So whats the point? Run around like a dufus? Single player games are all thats left in this world for my enjoyment, and slowly they are being taken away........

Yeah, I won't be buying Destiny.
#9BizzaroMurphyPosted 2/17/2013 2:03:36 PM
bigdeez posted...
there is not going to be a story mode for single player.

Where did you get that info?
---
Hooch is crazy.
#10userfrigginamePosted 2/17/2013 2:05:18 PM
Universquall posted...
BizzaroMurphy posted...

Yes there is.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/destiny-unveiled-what-bungies-next-game-is-and-isnt-all-about-6404016/?tag=Topslot%3bBungie039sDestinyUnveiled%3bWhatBungie039sNextG

Under the heading that says "Destiny is not an MMO.": "And there's also no MMO subscription fee. So that helps."

So consider that myth busted. Oh, and to TC: I wouldn't take on the perspective that it was meant to be a single player game that was made into a multiplayer game. It seems as tho it was meant to be this sort of social experience all along. So, it's target audience is those ppl who like MMO, multiplayer games, and also those who are okay rubbing shoulders with other ppl every now and then, even if it's just passing by them in the world.