This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think PS4 would get rid of the free standard network service we have now?

#1monkeyman0111Posted 2/17/2013 2:22:27 PM
And would it deter you from buy a PS4?
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#2j-fielding95Posted 2/17/2013 2:24:21 PM
I doubt it, but it needs to improve it so it's on par with the 360s.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#3monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:25:48 PM
j-fielding95 posted...

What if they still offered the same they do now, but for the same price you could an LIVE experience, would you be cool with that? or do you expect them to give the same experience for free?
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
#4DarkTyrantXPosted 2/17/2013 2:26:44 PM
no i expect it to be free and have game invites,etc like vita has now/
#5j-fielding95Posted 2/17/2013 2:27:56 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

What if they still offered the same they do now, but for the same price you could an LIVE experience, would you be cool with that? or do you expect them to give the same experience for free?

If PSN was the same experience it was now and they tried to charge? I wouldn't pay for it. I expect PSN to stay free, but at the same time it does need to be improved.
---
#6monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:31:26 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
monkeyman0111 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

If PSN was the same experience it was now and they tried to charge? I wouldn't pay for it. I expect PSN to stay free, but at the same time it does need to be improved.

My bad, i worded that funny.
The question I meant was:
If they keep the same service they currently have on PSN for free, but offered an additional upgrade cost that would get you an experience similar to live, would you pay?
---
#7monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:32:16 PM
I have a feeling the Vita and PS4 will have some sort of seemless social hub that people can chat from
---
#8j-fielding95Posted 2/17/2013 2:35:27 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
monkeyman0111 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

My bad, i worded that funny.
The question I meant was:
If they keep the same service they currently have on PSN for free, but offered an additional upgrade cost that would get you an experience similar to live, would you pay?

In that case it would depend. I'd probably just pay for live instead if they were both the same since pretty much all of my friends are on Live. That's sonys problem, people play xbox for xbox live, whereas they don't play playstation for psn. Their advertising for exclusives doesn't help either considering the majority of people don't see it, so it looks like the xbox is better because live.
---
#9pixel378Posted 2/17/2013 2:36:01 PM
j-fielding95 posted...

Its doesn't have like 2 or three insignificant features the 360 does, and ps3 does it all for free.

People act like there more lag or somehow a different playing experience on 360 or something. Its the same damn thing but ours is free and our paid subscirption is 100x better but optional.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#10Virus66Posted 2/17/2013 2:36:15 PM
If it's not free... hoo boy, things will get ugly. It's one of the great positives Sony has for their system.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?